A diaper is an absorbent pad designed to absorb or retain body waste without using a toilet. It is made up of a cloth or synthetic disposable material which prevents the waste from leaking, or soiling the outer clothing or the external environment. Diapers are mostly worn by infants, toddlers and children -who are not trained to use the toilet, and adults with urinary incontinence or other ailments. With rising disposable incomes and improving standards of living, an increasing number of Indian consumers are adopting diapers as they help in maintaining the hygiene, cleanliness, comfort, and independence of the babies and adults. According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Diaper Market in India: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023”, the Indian diaper market reached a volume of around 4 Billion Units in 2017, exhibiting a CAGR of 8% during 2010-2017.
The growing awareness regarding the advantages of using disposable diapers among the Indian consumers has led to an increase in their demand. Additionally, the rising number of modern nuclear families with working parents and improved economic conditions in India have fuelled the growth of Indian diaper industry. Further, disposable biodegradable diapers are influencing the Indian market as they are eco-friendly and prevent environmental contamination. Moreover, increasing online sales of diapers, rapid urbanisation and the massive increase in birth rate are some of the other factors estimated to foster the growth of the Indian diaper market. On account of these factors, the market is expected to reach a volume of more than 6 Billion Units by 2023.
The report has segmented the Indian diaper market on the basis of product type. Some of the major product types are baby disposable, baby training, baby cloth, baby swim pants, baby biodegradable, adult pad type, adult flat type and adult pant type diapers. Currently, baby disposable diaper is the most popular type, accounting for the majority of the total share. The has report also analysed the market on the basis of region, covering Maharashtra, Delhi, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Gujarat. Amongst these, Maharashtra represents the largest market. An analysis of the competitive landscape provides the details of the key players operative in the market. Some of the major players are Procter and Gamble, Kimberly Clark and Unicharm.
This report provides a deep insight into the Indian diaper industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a diaper manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the Indian diaper industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Indian diaper market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What the major product types in the Indian diaper market?
- What are the key regions in the Indian diaper market?
- What are the price trends of Indian diaper market?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the Indian diaper industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Indian diaper industry?
- What is the structure of the Indian diaper industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Indian diaper industry?
- What are the profit margins in the Indian diaper industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a diaper manufacturing plant?
- How are diapers manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a diaper manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a diaper manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a diaper manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a diaper manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for diapers?
- What are the transportation requirements for diapers?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a diaper manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a diaper manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a diaper manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a diaper manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a diaper manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a diaper manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?