The GCC indoor farming market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 12.2% during 2023-2028. The increasing adoption of advanced technologies, the growing demand for fresh, locally produced, high-quality fruits and vegetables, rapid urbanization, and food security represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Indoor farming, also known as vertical farming or controlled environment agriculture (CEA), is a method of growing plants within indoor environments. This innovative approach uses precisely controlled settings to provide optimal growing conditions, which can lead to higher yields and longer growing seasons compared to traditional outdoor farming. The indoor farming setup typically uses LED lighting systems to supply plants with the necessary light spectrum for photosynthesis, rather than relying on sunlight. The environment's temperature, humidity, and light exposure are all carefully monitored and adjusted to ensure optimal plant growth. One of the most significant benefits of indoor farming is the ability to grow crops year-round, irrespective of external weather conditions. This can lead to increased productivity, often in smaller spaces compared to traditional agriculture. Several types of systems are used in indoor farming. Hydroponics grows plants in nutrient-rich water; aeroponics suspends plants in the air and periodically mists them with a nutrient solution, and aquaponics combines fish farming with plant cultivation, where plants utilize fish waste as nutrients. Indoor farming can be used to grow a wide variety of crops, including vegetables, fruits, herbs, and even flowers.
GCC Indoor Farming Market Trends:
The widespread adoption of advanced technologies, such as artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), the Internet of Things (IoT), and automated systems, in indoor farming is increasing yield and efficiency, which represents one of the key factors driving the growth of the indoor farming across the GCC region. The GCC region is known for its arid climate and severe water scarcity. Indoor farming uses significantly less water as compared to traditional farming methods, thus making it an attractive solution for sustainable agriculture in this region. The region's harsh climate and desert landscape limit the availability of arable land which is contributing to the growth of the market. Indoor farming enables crop cultivation in controlled environments, regardless of external conditions, which is particularly beneficial in such regions. The GCC countries heavily rely on imported food due to limited local agricultural production. Indoor farming is increasing local food production, reduces dependence on imports, and enhances food security. The market is also driven by the governments in the region that are actively promoting sustainable farming practices and local food production. Various initiatives and funding schemes support the development and adoption of indoor farming. The rising demand for fresh, locally produced, high-quality fruits and vegetables in the GCC region is driving the growth of the market. Moreover, rapid urbanization in the GCC countries is leading to vertical development due to space constraints which is creating a positive outlook for the market across the region.
GCC Indoor Farming Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the GCC Indoor farming market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on facility type, crop type, component, and growing system.
Facility Type Insights:
- Indoor Vertical Farms
- Container Farms
- Indoor Deep Water Culture
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the facility type. This includes greenhouse, indoor vertical farms, container farms, indoor deep water culture, and others.
Crop Type Insights:
- Fruits, Vegetables, and Herbs
- Flowers and Ornamentals
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the crop type has also been provided in the report. This includes fruits, vegetables and herbs, flowers and ornamentals, and others.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the component has also been provided in the report. This includes hardware and software.
Growing System Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the growing system has also been provided in the report. This includes aeroponics, hydroponics, aquaponics, soil-based, and hybrid.
- Saudi Arabia
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and Others (Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, and Bahrain). Some of the factors driving the Saudi Arabia indoor farming market include the rising demand for fresh and locally produced foods, favorable government policies, and significant technological advancements.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the GCC indoor farming market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
GCC Indoor Farming Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Facility Type
- Crop Type
- Growing System
|Facility Types Covered
||Greenhouse, Indoor Vertical Farms, Container Farms, Indoor Deep Water Culture, Others
|Crop Types Covered
||Fruits, Vegetables, and Herbs, Flowers and Ornamentals, Others
|Growing Systems Covered
||Aeroponics, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, Soil-based, Hybrid
||Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the GCC indoor farming market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the GCC indoor farming market?
- What is the breakup of the GCC indoor farming market on the basis of facility type?
- What is the breakup of the GCC indoor farming market on the basis of crop type?
- What is the breakup of the GCC indoor farming market on the basis of component?
- What is the breakup of the GCC indoor farming market on the basis of the growing system?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the GCC indoor farming market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the GCC indoor farming market?
- What is the structure of the GCC indoor farming market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the GCC indoor farming market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the GCC indoor farming market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the GCC indoor farming market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the GCC indoor farming industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.