The India indoor farming market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 15.30% during 2023-2028. The surging focus on sustainable farming practices and water efficiency, the rising need for year-round crop availability, the scarcity of arable land, the increasing demand for organic produce, significant technological advancements, and supportive governmental initiatives represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Indoor farming, also called controlled environment agriculture (CEA), is a modern farming practice where plants are grown within indoor facilities, such as warehouses or containers, under highly controlled conditions. This practice uses advanced technology, including artificial lighting, such as LEDs, temperature regulation, and hydroponics or aeroponics, to grow crops. The main advantage of indoor farming is that it enables year-round crop production, regardless of outdoor weather conditions. It also allows for significant water savings, up to 90-95% less than traditional agriculture, due to its efficient recirculation systems. Indoor farms can be located in urban areas, reducing food miles and enhancing fresh produce availability in food deserts. Besides this, it helps increase crop yields per unit area, overcoming limitations of traditional farming such as land scarcity, climate unpredictability, and pesticide use. As research advances and technologies improve, indoor farming could become an increasingly viable solution to global food security challenges. With the combination of technology and agriculture, indoor farming offers a sustainable and scalable method of feeding the ever-growing global population.
India Indoor Farming Market Trends:
The escalating trend of indoor farming in India is primarily driven by the increasing need for sustainable methods to meet the growing demand for food due to the country's rapidly expanding population. In line with this, the expanding deployment of advanced technologies, such as hydroponics and aeroponics, for indoor cultivation of crops offers a unique opportunity to significantly reduce water usage and grow crops year-round, irrespective of the external climatic conditions. This, in turn, has fueled the adoption of indoor farming methods in the country. Moreover, the surging need to improve crop yield and quality in the agricultural sector is propelling the transition from traditional farming practices to controlled environment agriculture, strengthening the market growth. Concurrent with this, bolstering industrial growth is further influencing the demand for indoor farming in the country, as the need for space optimization in urbanized areas encourages vertical farming techniques, leading to efficient land use. In addition to this, the escalating awareness of the adverse impacts of agrochemicals on health and the environment is fueling the demand for organically grown produce, creating a favorable outlook for market growth. Furthermore, the advent of eco-friendly indoor farming methods, coupled with government support in promoting sustainable agriculture practices, is presenting remunerative growth opportunities for the market.
India Indoor Farming Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the India indoor farming market report, along with forecasts at the country level for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on facility type, crop type, component, and growing system.
Facility Type Insights:
- Indoor Vertical Farms
- Container Farms
- Indoor Deep-Water Culture
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the facility type. This includes greenhouse, indoor vertical farms, container farms, indoor deep-water culture, and others.
Crop Type Insights:
- Fruits, Vegetables and Herbs
- Bell and Chili Peppers
- Flowers and Ornamentals
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the crop type has also been provided in the report. This includes fruits, vegetables and herbs (lettuce, spinach, kale, tomato, herbs, bell and chili peppers, strawberry, cucumber, and others), flowers and ornamentals (annuals, perennials, ornamentals, and others), and others.
- LED Lights
- Climate Control System
- Irrigation Systems
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the components. This includes hardware (structure, LED lights, HVAC, climate control system, irrigation systems, and others) and software (web-based and cloud-based).
Growing System Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the growing system has also been provided in the report. This includes aeroponics, hydroponics, aquaponics, soil-based, and hybrid.
- South India
- North India
- West and Central India
- East India
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include South India, North India, West and Central India, and East India.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
India Indoor Farming Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Facility Type
- Crop Type
- Growing System
|Facility Types Covered
||Greenhouse, Indoor Vertical Farms, Container Farms, Indoor Deep-Water Culture, Others
|Crop Types Covered
- Fruits, Vegetables and Herbs: Lettuce, Spinach, Kale, Tomato, Herbs, Bell and Chili Peppers, Strawberry, Cucumber, Others
- Flowers and Ornamentals: Annuals, Perennials, Ornamentals, Others
- Hardware: Structure, LED Lights, HVAC, Climate Control System, Irrigation Systems, Others
- Software: Web-based, Cloud-based
|Growing Systems Covered
||Aeroponics, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, Soil-based, Hybrid
||South India, North India, West and Central India, East India
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2299
Five User License: US$ 3399
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the India indoor farming market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the India indoor farming market?
- What is the breakup of the India indoor farming market on the basis of facility type?
- What is the breakup of the India indoor farming market on the basis of crop type?
- What is the breakup of the India indoor farming market on the basis of component?
- What is the breakup of the India indoor farming market on the basis of growing system?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the India indoor farming market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the India indoor farming market?
- What is the structure of the India indoor farming market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the India indoor farming market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the India indoor farming market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the India indoor farming market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the India indoor farming industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.