The United States indoor farming market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 10.8% during 2023-2028. The growing demand for high-quality food products that are safe and chemical-free, increasing popularity of consuming fresh food products among individuals, and rising preference for organic and sustainable practices in farming represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Indoor farming, also known as controlled environment agriculture (CEA), is a modern agricultural technique that comprises cultivating plants in an enclosed environment, such as indoors. It relies on artificial lighting and advanced technologies and offers a controlled environment with optimized conditions for plant growth, such as temperature, humidity, light intensity, and nutrient delivery. It also utilizes vertical stacking or shelving systems to maximize space efficiency and employs hydroponic or aeroponic methods to provide plants with water and nutrients. It is efficient as compared to traditional agriculture methods and addresses various challenges, such as land scarcity, water conservation, and climate change. Besides this, it is beneficial in delivering water and nutrients directly to the plant roots and reducing water wastage. It assists in the cultivation of a wide range of crops throughout the year, regardless of the external climate or geographical limitations. It also aids in offering higher crop yields in a smaller space and providing precise control over environmental factors. As it benefits in reducing the reliance on chemical pesticides and fertilizers, the demand for indoor farming is rising in the United States.
United States Indoor Farming Market Trends:
At present, the increasing adoption of indoor farming on account of the rising popularity of consuming fresh food products among individuals represents one of the primary factors impelling the growth of the market in the United States. In line with this, the growing demand for indoor farming due to the increasing preference for organic and sustainable practices in farming is offering a positive market outlook in the country. Apart from this, the increasing employment of energy-efficient LED lighting systems in indoor farming to minimize energy consumption is supporting the growth of the market in the United States. In addition, there is a rise in the demand for high-quality food products that are safe and pesticide-free among individuals in the United States. This, coupled with the increasing adoption of indoor farming, as it increases resource efficiency and sustainability, is strengthening the growth of the market. Besides this, the growing demand for indoor farming on account of the rising health consciousness among consumers is positively influencing the market. Additionally, the increasing employment of indoor farming, as it allows cultivation in vertical spaces, such as abandoned warehouses, rooftops, or dedicated indoor farms, is offering lucrative growth opportunities to industry investors in the United States. Furthermore, the rising adoption of indoor farming, as it assists in ensuring high-quality and nutritious crops, is contributing to the growth of the market in the country.
United States Indoor Farming Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the United States indoor farming market report, along with forecasts at the country level for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on facility type, crop type, component, and growing system.
Facility Type Insights:
- Indoor Vertical Farms
- Container Farms
- Indoor Deep Water Culture
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the facility type. This includes greenhouse, indoor vertical farms, container farms, indoor deep water culture, and others.
Crop Type Insights:
- Fruits, Vegetables and Herbs
- Bell and Chilli Peppers
- Flowers and Ornamentals
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the crop type has also been provided in the report. This includes fruits, vegetables and herbs (lettuce, spinach, kale, tomato, herbs, bell and chilli peppers, strawberry, cucumber, and others), flowers and ornamentals (annuals, perennials, ornamentals, and others), and others.
- LED Lights
- Climate Control System
- Irrigation Systems
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the component has also been provided in the report. This includes hardware (structure, LED lights, HVAC, climate control system, irrigation systems, and others) and software (web-based and cloud-based).
Growing System Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the growing system has also been provided in the report. This includes aeroponics, hydroponics, aquaponics, soil-based, and hybrid.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include Northeast, Midwest, South, and West.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the United States indoor farming market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
United States Indoor Farming Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Facility Type
- Crop Type
- Growing System
|Facility Types Covered
||Greenhouse, Indoor Vertical Farms, Container Farms, Indoor Deep Water Culture, Others
|Crop Types Covered
- Fruits, Vegetables and Herbs: Lettuce, Spinach, Kale, Tomato, Herbs, Bell and Chilli Peppers, Strawberry, Cucumber, Others
- Flowers and Ornamentals: Annuals, Perennials, Ornamentals, Others
- Hardware: Structure, LED Lights, HVAC, Climate Control System, Irrigation Systems, Others
- Software: Web-based, Cloud-based
|Growing Systems Covered
||Aeroponics, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, Soil-based, Hybrid
||Northeast, Midwest, South, West
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the United States indoor farming market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the United States indoor farming market?
- What is the breakup of the United States indoor farming market on the basis of facility type?
- What is the breakup of the United States indoor farming market on the basis of crop type?
- What is the breakup of the United States indoor farming market on the basis of component?
- What is the breakup of the United States indoor farming market on the basis of growing system?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the United States indoor farming market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the United States indoor farming market?
- What is the structure of the United States indoor farming market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the United States indoor farming market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the United States indoor farming market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the United States indoor farming market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the United States indoor farming industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.