The GCC telecommunication market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 7.80% during 2023-2028. The market is experiencing growth due to high smartphone usage, increasing number of government-led digital initiatives, and the rollout of 5G networks. Regulatory liberalization and the rising need for cybersecurity are also contributing to market expansion.
Telecommunication is the practice of transmitting information over a distance through electronic means, encompassing a wide range of technologies such as radio, television, cellular networks, and internet-based systems. Currently, this field is undergoing rapid advancements, chiefly driven by the proliferation of smart devices and the accelerated adoption of broadband services. It serves as the backbone for various sectors including healthcare, finance, and transportation, enabling real-time communication and data sharing across geographies. Increasingly integrated with cloud computing and IoT (Internet of Things), telecommunication is becoming central to emerging technologies like 5G, machine-to-machine communication, and cybersecurity. In the GCC region, the telecommunication market has historically been dominated by state-owned enterprises and focused primarily on basic services like voice calls and texting. With economic diversification and technological advancements, the market has transitioned to a more competitive landscape, incorporating high-speed data services, 4G LTE, and gradually shifting towards 5G implementations.
GCC Telecommunication Market Trends:
The GCC telecommunication market is currently experiencing significant growth, driven the high rate of smartphone penetration and the increased demand for high-speed internet services in the region. This can be attributed to the presence of younger consumers who are increasingly tech-savvy. Moreover, government initiatives across Gulf countries, aimed at diversifying economies away from oil dependence, are focusing on digital transformation as a key pillar, thereby boosting telecom infrastructure investments. For example, various smart city projects are underway, requiring robust and reliable telecommunication networks for their effective implementation. Furthermore, rapid advancements in technology, particularly the rollout of 5G networks, are another critical factor spurring growth. These next-generation networks are facilitating a wide range of new applications and services, including IoT, artificial intelligence, and machine learning, which necessitate high-speed data transfer and low latency. Furthermore, the adoption of cloud computing and big data analytics is increasingly becoming essential for businesses and governments alike, thereby generating additional demand for telecommunications services. In addition to this, eased restrictions and the liberalization of telecommunication sectors are encouraging competition and foreign investment, thus contributing to market dynamism.
GCC Telecommunication Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the GCC telecommunication market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on components, and industry.
- Broadcast Communication Equipment
- Telecoms Infrastructure Equipment
- Consumer Premise Equipment
- Fixed Networking Services
- Mobile Networking Services
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the components. This includes hardware (broadcast communication equipment, telecoms infrastructure equipment, and consumer premise equipment), software/platform (on-premises and cloud-based), and services (fixed networking services and mobile networking services). According to the report, services represented the largest segment.
- Retail and E-Commerce
- IT and ITES
- Healthcare and Pharmaceutical
- Media and Entertainment
- Automotive and Manufacturing
- Transportation and Logistics
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the industry has also been provided in the report. This includes retail and e-commerce, IT and ITES, aerospace, healthcare and pharmaceutical, media and entertainment, hospitality, automotive and manufacturing, transportation and logistics, and others. According to the report, retail and e-commerce accounted for the largest market share.
- Saudi Arabia
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, and Oman. According to the report, Saudi Arabia was the largest market for telecommunication in the GCC.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
GCC Telecommunication Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Hardware: Broadcast Communication Equipment, Telecoms Infrastructure Equipment, Consumer Premise Equipment
- Software/Platform: On-premises, Cloud-based
- Services: Fixed Networking Services, Mobile Networking Services
||Retail and E-Commerce, IT and ITES, Aerospace, Healthcare and Pharmaceutical, Media and Entertainment, Hospitality, Automotive and Manufacturing, Transportation and Logistics, Others
||Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, and Oman
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2899
Five User License: US$ 4899
Corporate License: US$ 7899
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the GCC telecommunication market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the GCC telecommunication market?
- What is the breakup of the GCC telecommunication market on the basis of component?
- What is the breakup of the GCC telecommunication market on the basis of industry?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the GCC telecommunication market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the GCC telecommunication market?
- What is the structure of the GCC telecommunication market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the GCC telecommunication market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the GCC telecommunication market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the GCC telecommunication market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the GCC telecommunication industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.