According to the recent report by IMARC Group, titled “Superfoods Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025,” the global superfoods market grew at a CAGR of about 7% during 2014-2019. Superfoods are mostly plant-based foods and some dairy and fish products which are nutritionally dense and low in calories, which make them good for health. Some of the most commonly consumed superfoods include dark leafy vegetables, berries, eggs, legumes, tea, dark chocolate, nuts and seeds, avocado, salmon, roots, and herbs. They are highly rich in essential vitamins, fatty acids, minerals, antioxidants, and fibers. As a result, superfoods aid in preventing heart diseases, respiratory issues, digestive problems, and diabetes; and improving immunity, energy levels, and metabolism. Due to these benefits, superfoods are being increasingly incorporated in several food products, such as instant food mixes, cereals, and confectioneries.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Superfoods Market Trends:
High prevalence of lifestyle diseases like diabetes and obesity have led to various kinds of medical ailments. This has increased consumer interest in a healthy diet and an inclination toward superfoods as they are rich in several nutrients, thereby driving the market growth. Moreover, manufacturers are including superfoods in ready-to-eat food products due to their rising consumption. With the proliferating working population and their inflating income levels, the sales of takeaway food has witnessed a significant growth, which, in turn, has propelled the consumption of superfoods. Furthermore, consumers are becoming conscious regarding the ingredients used in their foods and beverages, thus becoming aware about the adverse effects of artificial ingredients. As a result, the growth of clean-label ingredients has been significant which has compelled the manufacturers to include organic ingredients in their products to create a strong foothold in the market. Consequently, the key players are launching new products keeping the interests of consumers in consideration. On account of these factors, the market is expected to grow continuously during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into vegetables, meat, fruits, grains & seeds, herbs & roots, and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been divided into supplements, bakery and confectionery, convenience/ready-to-eat foods, beverages, and others.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been classified into online sales, specialty stores, convenience stores, independent small grocery stores, supermarkets and hypermarkets, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been categorized into Asia Pacific (India, Japan, China, South Indonesia, Korea, Australia, and Others), Europe (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, Russia, and Others), North America (Canada and the United States), Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, and Others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report with some of the key players being Sunfood Corporation, Superlife Co. Pte. Ltd., Archer-Daniels-Midland Company, Creative Nature Ltd., Del Monte Pacific Ltd., Nutrisure Limited (Supernutrients), Rhythm Superfoods LLC, Suncore Foods Inc, Healthy Truth, Nature’s Superfoods LLP, and Navitas LLC.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800