The global LiDAR drone market size reached US$ 189.3 Million in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 1,422.2 Million by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 25.12% during 2024-2032. Considerable rise in the demand for high-resolution mapping and surveying, the expanding construction and infrastructure development activities across the globe, and increasing usage of 3D models in topographic maps represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2023
||US$ 189.3 Million
|Market Forecast in 2032
||US$ 1,422.2 Million
|Market Growth Rate 2024-2032
Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) drones are LiDAR-equipped unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), that uses laser beams to measure the distance between the drone and the objects in its vicinity. By sending laser beams from the LiDAR sensor of a drone, the object is illuminated by lasers and bounced back at the drone, calculating the distance between the drone and the object by measuring the time it takes the laser beam to return. LiDAR sensors in these drones are utilized for mapping and surveying purposes to create highly accurate 3D maps and models of various terrains and landscapes. Multi-laser scanning allows the drone to create a highly accurate 3D point cloud, which can be used to create detailed 3D maps and models. Data collection with LiDAR drones is more precise, faster, and efficient than with traditional surveying methods. They also cover large areas rapidly and efficiently, and they can collect data in hazardous or hard-to-reach places.
LiDAR Drone Market Trends:
A considerable rise in the demand for high-resolution mapping and surveying in remote, dangerous, and hard-to-reach regions is a significant factor driving the market. This can be attributed to the growing oil and gas exploration activities requiring frequent geological surveys. In line with this, the expanding construction and infrastructure development activities across the globe are resulting in a higher product uptake. Moreover, the augmenting demand for improved disaster management and risk assessment of natural hazards is creating a positive outlook for the market. Additionally, continual technological advancements in the LiDAR technology, such as improved accuracy, anti-glare, and integration of artificial intelligence (AI) and the internet of things (IoT) in the sensors, are creating lucrative growth opportunities in the market. Besides this, the growing adoption of EVs and the development of autonomous vehicles is also impacting the market positively. The market is further fueled by the increasing usage of 3D models in topographic mapping. Furthermore, favorable government initiatives for building smart cities is driving the demand for LiDAR drones. The rapid utilization of LiDAR technology for the acquisition of high-resolution geospatial data for crop analysis is also impacting the market positively. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include rapid urbanization, continual product innovations, inflating disposable income levels, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global LiDAR drone market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2024-2032. Our report has categorized the market based on type, component, range, and application.
- Rotary Wing Lidar Drone
- Fixed Wing Lidar Drone
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the LiDAR drone market based on the type. This includes rotary wing lidar drone and fixed wing lidar drone. According to the report, rotary wing lidar drone represented the largest segment.
- Laser Scanner
- Navigation and Positioning Systems
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the LiDAR drone market based on the component. This includes laser scanner, navigation and positioning systems, cameras, and others. According to the report, laser scanner represented the largest segment.
- Short Range
- Medium Range
- Long Range
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the LiDAR drone market based on the range. This includes short range, medium range, and long range. According to the report, short range represented the largest segment.
- Corridor Mapping
- Aerospace and Defense
A detailed breakup and analysis of the LiDAR drone market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes corridor mapping, aerospace and defense, mining, construction, entertainment, environment, agriculture, and others. According to the report, corridor mapping accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for LiDAR drone. Some of the factors driving the North America LiDAR drone market include rapid industrialization, continual technological advancements in the LiDAR technology, presence of several key players, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global LiDAR drone market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, Detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include AEVEX Aerospace, Delair, Leica Geosystems AG (Hexagon AB), Lidarusa, Microdrones (mdGroup), OnyxScan, Phoenix LiDAR Systems, RIEGL Laser Measurement Systems GmbH, Teledyne optech Inc. (Teledyne Technologies Inc.), Velodyne LiDAR Inc., Yellowscan, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
LiDAR Drone Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
||Rotary Wing Lidar Drone, Fixed Wing Lidar Drone
||Laser Scanner, Navigation and Positioning Systems, Cameras, Others
||Short Range, Medium Range, Long Range
||Corridor Mapping, Aerospace and Defense, Mining, Construction, Entertainment, Environment, Agriculture, Others
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||AEVEX Aerospace, Delair, Leica Geosystems AG (Hexagon AB), Lidarusa, Microdrones (mdGroup), OnyxScan, Phoenix LiDAR Systems, RIEGL Laser Measurement Systems GmbH, Teledyne optech Inc. (Teledyne Technologies Inc.), Velodyne LiDAR Inc., Yellowscan, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global LiDAR drone market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global LiDAR drone market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global LiDAR drone market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive LiDAR drone markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the LiDAR drone market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the component?
- Which is the most attractive component in the LiDAR drone market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the range?
- Which is the most attractive range in the LiDAR drone market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the LiDAR drone market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global LiDAR drone market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global LiDAR drone market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the LiDAR drone market from 2018-2032.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global LiDAR drone market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the LiDAR drone industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.