Market Overview 2023-2028:
The global military aircraft avionics market size reached US$ 35.1 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 44.7 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 3.95% during 2023-2028. The thriving military and defense industry, increasing demand for flight control systems (FCS), and rising integration of advanced technologies represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Military aircraft avionics are operational and combat-ready variations that focus on electronic systems and equipment used in military aircraft. They comprise flight control, navigation functions, electro-optic and infrared threat sensors, activity monitors, secure tactical communications, weapons trackers, countermeasures dispensers, and other integrated electronic support, protection, and attack capabilities. They can resist damage from the harsh environment as they are manufactured from special materials or encased in more adversary-resistant containers compared to commercially available equipment. Military aircraft help accomplish missions, track and report performance measures, make discoveries, operate within safety parameters, and improve overall aircraft performance. They assist in replacing radio communication with high frequency (HF), very high frequency (VHF), and ultra-high frequency (UHF) systems that are conventionally used for military aircraft communication. They are used in engine control, electronic warfare, surveillance, geospatial intelligence, and power and energy management.
Military Aircraft Avionics Market Trends:
At present, there is a rise in the demand for military aircraft avionics to meet the newer generation battlefield requirements, such as long-distance target detection and tracking, stealth, and electronic warfare defense. This, along with the thriving military and defense industry, represents one of the key factors supporting the growth of the market. In addition, several countries are developing and procuring next-generation military aircraft to modernize and expand their fleets, which is propelling the growth of the market. Besides this, there is an increase in the demand for flight control systems (FCS) in military aircraft, such as autopilot, data acquisition systems, flight recorders, refurbishing aircraft management computers, active inceptor systems, and electrohydrostatic actuation (EHA) systems. This, coupled with the rising demand for electronic warfare, maritime patrol, airborne early warning control systems (AEW/C), and anti-surface warfare (ASW), is strengthening the growth of the market. In addition, the aircraft original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) are partnering with the avionics manufacturers to develop and integrate advanced flight control systems onboard the new-generation aircraft. They are also focusing on integrating advanced technologies, such as artificial intelligence (AI) and big data, into computers to enhance the autonomous operations of human-crewed and uncrewed aircraft. Apart from this, the growing demand for electronic warfare suites, active inceptor systems, and vehicle management computers is positively influencing the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global military aircraft avionics market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on system type, aircraft type and end use sector.
System Type Insights:
- Flight Control System
- Communication System
- Navigation System
- Monitoring System
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the military aircraft avionics market based on the system type. This includes flight control system, communication system, navigation system, monitoring system, and others.
Aircraft Type Insights:
- Combat Aircraft
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs)
- Transport Aircraft
A detailed breakup and analysis of the military aircraft avionics market based on the aircraft type has also been provided in the report. This includes combat aircraft, helicopters, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), and transport aircraft. According to the report, combat aircraft accounted for the largest market share.
End Use Sector Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the military aircraft avionics market based on the end use sector has also been provided in the report. This includes OEM and aftermarket. According to the report, aftermarket accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America (the United States and Canada) was the largest market for military aircraft avionics. Some of the factors driving the North America military aircraft avionics market included the growing investments in military and defense industry, rising demand for advanced military aircraft, increasing need for modernizing communication avionics, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global military aircraft avionics market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include BAE Systems Plc, Cobham, Curtiss-Wright Corporation, Elbit Systems Ltd., GE Aviation Co., Honeywell International Inc., L3Harris Technologies Inc., Lockheed Martin Corporation, Moog Inc., Raytheon Technologies Corporation, Thales Group, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||System Type, Aircraft Type, End Use Sector, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||BAE Systems Plc, Cobham, Curtiss-Wright Corporation, Elbit Systems Ltd., GE Aviation Co., Honeywell International Inc., L3Harris Technologies Inc., Lockheed Martin Corporation, Moog Inc., Raytheon Technologies Corporation and Thales Group
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global military aircraft avionics market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global military aircraft avionics market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global military aircraft avionics market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive military aircraft avionics market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the system type?
- Which is the most attractive system type in the military aircraft avionics market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the aircraft type?
- Which is the most attractive aircraft type in the military aircraft avionics market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end use sector?
- Which is the most attractive end use sector in the military aircraft avionics market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global military aircraft avionics market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global military aircraft avionics market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the military aircraft avionics market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global military aircraft avionics market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the military aircraft avionics industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.