The North America citric acid market size reached
556,510 Tons in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach 682,430 Tons by 2027, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of
3.37% during 2022-2027.
Citric acid (C6H8O7), is a commodity chemical which occurs naturally in citrus fruits such as lemons and oranges. To produce citric acid synthetically, cultures of Aspergillus niger fungus are fed on sucrose or glucose-containing medium. As it is rich in antioxidants, it aids in protecting against diseases and acts as an alkalizing agent for decreasing acidity in the human body. Owing to these benefits, citric acid is used as an acidulant in the food and beverage industry. It is also utilized in the production of soaps and detergents, pharmaceuticals, shampoos and conditioners, cosmetics, lubricants, and animal feed.
North America represents one of the largest markets for citric acid in the world. Citric acid and its derivatives are primarily employed in the food and beverage industry for controlling the growth of microorganisms, providing sourness and tartness, and enhancing flavors. Apart from this, the demand for citric acid in the detergents and cleaning agents has increased owing to the prohibition of phosphate in their manufacturing by governing authorities in different countries of North America. Further, usage of citric acid in the pharmaceutical industry for manufacturing digestive medicines is also expected to spur the demand in the upcoming years.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the North America citric acid market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on application and form.
- Key Regions Analyzed
- Analysis for Each Country
- Market by Application
- Food and Beverages
- Household Detergents and Cleaners
- Market by Form
- Market by Imports and Exports
- Value Chain Analysis
- Key Drivers and Challenges
- Porters Five Forces Analysis
- PESTEL Analysis
- Government Regulations
- Competitive Landscape
- Competitive Structure
- Key Player Profiles
IMARC Group’s latest report provides a deep insight into the North America citric acid market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for industry players, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the North America citric acid market in any manner.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Application, Form, Country
||United States, Canada
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the North America citric acid market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the North America citric acid market?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the North America citric acid market?
- What is the breakup of the North America citric acid market on the basis of application?
- What is the breakup of the North America citric acid market on the basis of form?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the North America citric acid industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the North America citric acid industry?
- What is the structure of the North America citric acid industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the North America citric acid industry?
- What are the profit margins in the North America citric acid industry?