The global perishable goods transportation market size reached US$ 18.02 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 26.22 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.20% during 2023-2028. The rising demand for processed food, increasing adoption of natural and plant-based diets, and the incorporation of the Internet of Things (IoT) technology represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Perishable goods transportation refers to services that facilitate the movement of temperature and moisture-sensitive products from one place to another. It includes the transport of fruits, vegetables, meats, poultry, seafood, dairy products, bakery goods, flowers, and pharmaceuticals. Some of the commonly used modes of transportation involve refrigerated trucks, reefer containers, air cargo, and sea freights. Perishable goods transportation is widely utilized to maintain product quality, ensure safety, extend shelf-life, and prevent spoilage, damage, degradation, and foodborne illnesses. It is a cost-effective and highly efficient service that aids in reducing wastages, meeting consumer demands, and facilitating long-distance trade of perishable products. It also increases access to fresh goods, enhances customer satisfaction, increases profit, and promotes economic growth.
Perishable Goods Transportation Market Trends:
The rising demand for processed food across the globe is one of the primary factors driving the market growth. Perishable goods transportation is widely used to transport and maintain the temperature, humidity, and other environmental conditions of various processed food, such as ready-to-eat (RTE) meals, seafood, dairy products, frozen meat, poultry, canned vegetables, and breakfast cereals, which prevents spoilage, preserve quality and extend product shelf-life. Furthermore, the increasing adoption of natural and plant-based diets, including fresh fruits and vegetables, berries, tomatoes, avocados, oranges, apples, pears, lettuce, and other leafy greens, is propelling the market growth. Additionally, the adoption of electric vehicles (EVs) that are eco-friendly, cost-effective, reduce carbon footprint, and promote green transportation is positively influencing the market growth. Besides this, the incorporation of the Internet of Things (IoT) technology to track the location, humidity, and temperature of perishable goods in real-time, which allows suppliers to monitor product quality throughout the supply chain, is providing an impetus to the market growth. Moreover, the implementation of various government initiatives to ensure food safety and promote the development of cold-chain infrastructure is favoring the market growth. Other factors, including significant growth in the e-commerce industry, increasing expenditure capacities of consumers, the rapid expansion of international trades, and the incorporation of advanced technologies, such as blockchain, autonomous vehicles, and drones, are anticipated to drive the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global perishable goods transportation market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type and transportation mode.
- MPS (Meat, Poultry, and Seafood)
- Dairy and Frozen Desserts
- Vegetables and Fruits
- Bakery and Confectionery
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the perishable goods transportation market based on the type. This includes MPS (meat, poultry, and seafood), Dairy and Frozen Desserts, Vegetables and Fruits, and Bakery and Confectionery. According to the report, meat, poultry, and seafood represented the largest segment.
Transportation Mode Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the perishable goods transportation market based on the transportation mode has also been provided in the report. This includes roadways, seaways, and others. According to the report, roadways accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for perishable goods transportation. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific perishable goods transportation market included rising demand for processed food, increasing government initiatives, and rapid technological advancements.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global perishable goods transportation market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include A.P. Møller – Mærsk A/S, Africa Express Line Limited, Bay & Bay Transportation, C.H. Robinson Worldwide Inc, CMA CGM Group (MERIT France SAS), DB Schenker, Deutsche Post AG, FST Logistics Inc, Hapag-Lloyd AG, Hellmann Worldwide Logistics SE and Co. KG, K Line Logistics Ltd (Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha Ltd), Kuehne + Nagel International AG, Orient Overseas Container Line Limited, VersaCold Logistics Services, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||MPS (Meat, Poultry, and Seafood), Dairy and Frozen Desserts, Vegetables and Fruits, Bakery and Confectionery
|Transportation Modes Covered
||Roadways, Seaways, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||A.P. Møller – Mærsk A/S, Africa Express Line Limited, Bay & Bay Transportation, C.H. Robinson Worldwide Inc, CMA CGM Group (MERIT France SAS), DB Schenker, Deutsche Post AG, FST Logistics Inc, Hapag-Lloyd AG, Hellmann Worldwide Logistics SE and Co. KG, K Line Logistics Ltd (Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha Ltd), Kuehne + Nagel International AG, Orient Overseas Container Line Limited, VersaCold Logistics Services, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global perishable goods transportation market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global perishable goods transportation market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global perishable goods transportation market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive perishable goods transportation market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the perishable goods transportation market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the transportation mode?
- Which is the most attractive transportation mode in the perishable goods transportation market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global perishable goods transportation market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global perishable goods transportation market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the perishable goods transportation market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global perishable goods transportation market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the perishable goods transportation industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.