The global perlite market size reached US$ 1.42 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 2.06 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.3% during 2023-2028. The expanding construction industry, the introduction of environment-friendly product variants, and the rising product adoption in the agriculture sector represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2022
||US$ 1.42 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 2.06 Billion
|Market Growth Rate (2023-2028)
Perlite is a naturally occurring volcanic glass that is formed by the rapid cooling of lava. It is lightweight and porous, has tiny air pockets, and can expand up to 20 times its original volume when heated to a temperature above 1600°F (870°C). It is a sustainable and environmentally friendly material as it is mined from naturally occurring deposits and is recyclable. It is also chemically inert, sterile, and does not react with other materials or substances. In addition, it is reusable, recyclable, non-toxic, and environmentally friendly and does not contain any harmful substances. It is widely used in construction, horticulture, and industrial applications as a lightweight aggregate, insulation material. Perlite is also used in agriculture as a soil amendment and growing medium for plants. It is also used as a component in soilless growing media, such as hydroponics and aquaponics. Moreover, it also has a wide range of industrial applications, including filtration, insulation, and fireproofing. Presently perlite is widely adopted across construction, agriculture, horticulture, and several other industries across the globe.
Perlite Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the expanding construction industry across the globe. Perlite is widely utilized as a lightweight alternative for constructing insulation materials, roof decks, and fireproofing. In addition, the rising utilization of perlite in agriculture as a soil conditioner to meet the increasing demand for organic food production represents another major growth-inducing factor. Besides this, perlite is also used in horticulture as a soil amendment and growing medium due to its porous nature that allows for excellent drainage, aeration, and moisture retention. This, coupled with the emerging trend of indoor gardening, is accelerating the product adoption rate across the globe. Moreover, with the growing concerns regarding the environment, the leading market players are introducing ecological and environment-friendly product variants that can be recycled, reused, and directly used in green buildings. Furthermore, the increasing product applications for filtration, insulation, and fireproofing, the widespread availability of raw materials to produce perlite and rapid urbanization, and increasing building and construction activities across the developing economies are some of the other factors creating a positive market outlook across the globe.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global perlite market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on form and application.
- Expanded Perlite
- Crude Perlite
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the perlite market based on the form. This includes expanded perlite and crude perlite. According to the report, expanded perlite represented the largest segment.
- Agriculture and Horticulture
- Filtration and Process Aid
A detailed breakup and analysis of the perlite market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes construction, agriculture and horticulture, industrial, filtration and process aid, and others. According to the report, construction accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for perlite. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific perlite market included the increasing infrastructural development projects, the growing demand for horticulture products, and various technological advancements in the production and processing of perlite.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global perlite market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Aegean Perlites SA, Ausperl Pty Ltd., Bergama Madencilik Insaat Makine Perlit Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. (Cullas Group), Carolina Perlite Company Inc., Dupré Minerals Limited, Genper Expanded Perlite Industry Business Co., Gulf Perlite LLC., Imerys S.A., Keltech Energies Limited, Profiltra B.V., Saudi Perlite Industries, Supreme Perlite Company, Termolita S.A.P.I of C.V. (Omya), The Schundler Company, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Perlite Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical Trends and Market Outlook, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment: ·
| Forms Covered
||Expanded Perlite, Crude Perlite
||Construction, Agriculture and Horticulture, Industrial, Filtration and Process Aid, Others
||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Aegean Perlites SA, Ausperl Pty Ltd., Bergama Madencilik Insaat Makine Perlit Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. (Cullas Group), Carolina Perlite Company Inc., Dupré Minerals Limited, Genper Expanded Perlite Industry Business Co., Gulf Perlite LLC., Imerys S.A., Keltech Energies Limited, Profiltra B.V., Saudi Perlite Industries, Supreme Perlite Company, Termolita S.A.P.I of C.V. (Omya), The Schundler Company, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global perlite market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global perlite market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global perlite market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive perlite market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the form?
- Which is the most attractive form in the perlite market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the perlite market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global perlite market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global perlite market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the perlite market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global perlite market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the perlite industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.