The global preeclampsia diagnostics market size reached US$ 0.90 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 1.1 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 3.4% during 2023-2028. The rising prevalence of preeclampsia, the growing awareness among individuals regarding the importance of health, and the increasing healthcare expenditure represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2022
||US$ 0.90 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 1.1 Billion
|Market Growth Rate (2023-2028)
Preeclampsia, also known as toxemia, is a rapidly progressive pregnancy complication characterized by hypertension, proteinuria, high blood pressure, excessive protein in the urine of the mother, and damage to organs, typically the liver and kidneys. It can result in serious consequences for the mother and baby, including premature birth, low birth weight, and in severe cases, maternal and fetal death. There are various methods for diagnosing preeclampsia, which is typically used in combination. This involves a range of tests and procedures to identify the condition, assess its severity, and monitor the health of the mother and baby. Some of the common diagnostic methods are blood pressure monitoring, urine tests, and blood tests to measure certain biomarkers, and ultrasound imaging to evaluate fetal growth and well-being. They are conducted to diagnose and manage preeclampsia and reduce the risk of complications for both the mother and baby. Owing to these benefits, preeclampsia diagnostic methods are widely adopted across hospitals, nursing homes, and diagnostic centers.
Preeclampsia Diagnostics Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the growing prevalence of preeclampsia. Preeclampsia is a common pregnancy complication, which affects approximately 2-8% of all pregnancies worldwide. In addition, the rising awareness among pregnant women and healthcare providers about the importance of health and wellness is escalating the demand for preeclampsia diagnostics. Besides this, various technological advancements, such as the introduction of biomarker tests and imaging techniques, are driving the development of new and more accurate preeclampsia diagnostics. Along with this, there have been recent advances in management strategies for patients with hypertensive disorders of pregnancy. This, coupled with the rising healthcare expenditure globally and the increasing focus on improving maternal and fetal health outcomes, is positively influencing the market growth. Moreover, governments and regulatory bodies of various countries are taking steps to improve maternal and fetal health by investing in research and the development (R&D) of new diagnostics for preeclampsia. Along with this, the market is propelled by the launch of point-of-care tests for identifying preeclampsia at an earlier stage. Furthermore, the increasing collaborations and mergers and acquisitions (M&As) among key market players, the rising disposable incomes, and the growing number of hospitals, especially in developing economies, are other factors creating a positive market outlook across the globe.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global preeclampsia diagnostics market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on test type, product, and end-user.
Test Type Insights:
- Blood Tests
- Urine Analysis
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the preeclampsia diagnostics market based on the test type. This includes blood tests and urine analysis. According to the report, blood tests represented the largest segment.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the preeclampsia diagnostics market based on the product has also been provided in the report. This includes instruments and consumables. According to the report, consumables accounted for the largest market share.
- Specialty Clinics
- Diagnostic Centers
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the preeclampsia diagnostics market based on the end-user. This includes hospitals, specialty clinics, diagnostic centers, and others. According to the report, diagnostic centers represented the largest segment.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for preeclampsia diagnostics. Some of the factors driving the North America preeclampsia diagnostics market included the rising awareness among individuals, increasing healthcare expenditure, and various technological advancements.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global preeclampsia diagnostics market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Diabetomics Inc., DRG Instruments GmbH, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Metabolomic Diagnostics Limited, MOMM Diagnostics, PerkinElmer Inc., Sera Prognostics, Siemens Healthineers AG, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Preeclampsia Diagnostics Market Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Test Type
- End User
|Test Types Covered
||Blood Tests, Urine Analysis
|End Users Covered
||Hospitals, Specialty Clinics, Diagnostic Centers, Others
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Diabetomics Inc., DRG Instruments GmbH, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Metabolomic Diagnostics Limited, MOMM Diagnostics, PerkinElmer Inc., Sera Prognostics, Siemens Healthineers AG, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global preeclampsia diagnostics market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global preeclampsia diagnostics market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global preeclampsia diagnostics market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive preeclampsia diagnostics market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the test type?
- Which is the most attractive test type in the preeclampsia diagnostics market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- Which is the most attractive product in the preeclampsia diagnostics market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on end-user?
- Which is the most attractive end-user in the preeclampsia diagnostics market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global preeclampsia diagnostics market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global preeclampsia diagnostics market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the preeclampsia diagnostics market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global preeclampsia diagnostics market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the preeclampsia diagnostics industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.