The global printed sensor market size reached US$ 10.07 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 15.32 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 7.1% during 2023-2028. The expanding adoption of wearable medical devices, the proliferation of smart and portable electronic products, and the rising product utilization in smart packaging solutions represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Printed sensors are electronic sensors that can be manufactured using printing techniques, including inkjet printing, screen printing, or flexography. These sensors are printed on flexible substrates, such as plastic, paper, or textiles, using conductive and non-conductive inks. They can be used for sensing responses, occurrences, or changes in temperature, humidity, pressure, strain, and chemicals. They can also be developed for biosensors to detect biomolecules such as glucose, proteins, and deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA). Apart from this, printed sensors are lightweight, flexible, and cost-effective, making them ideal for several applications in wearable devices, smart packaging, and medical devices.
Printed Sensor Market Trends:
The increasing integration of printed sensors in wearable medical devices to enable real-time monitoring of vital signs, such as glucose, blood pressure, and oxygen levels, and improve patient outcomes represents the key factor driving the market growth. Moreover, the largescale product utilization across smart and portable electronic products, such as smartwatches, activity-tracking bands, foldable smartphones, and laptops, is creating a positive outlook for the market. In line with this, the increasing demand for advanced security features, including gesture and face recognition and fingerprint authentication in consumer devices, is aiding in market expansion. In addition to this, the widespread product adoption across the packaging industry for smart labeling is providing remunerative growth opportunities for the market. Besides this, the surging demand for Internet of Things (IoT) applications, wherein printed sensors are used to enable features, such as motion detection, temperature monitoring, and pressure sensing, represents another significant growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, the escalating demand for smart homes, the rising number of smart city projects, and favorable government initiatives are contributing to the market growth. Concurrent with this, the advent of miniaturized electronic devices, the expanding demand for flexible and thin interactive displays, the increasing focus on energy efficiency, and significant advancements in three-dimensional (3D) printing are impelling the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global printed sensor market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, printing technology, and application.
- Printed Biosensor
- Printed Touch Sensor
- Printed Gas Sensor
- Printed Humidity Sensor
- Printed Image Sensor
- Printed Pressure Sensor
- Printed Temperature Sensor
- Printed Proximity Sensor
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the printed sensor market based on the type. This includes printed biosensor, printed touch sensor, printed gas sensor, printed humidity sensor, printed image sensor, printed pressure sensor, printed temperature sensor, and printed proximity sensor.
Printing Technology Insights:
- Gravure Printing
- Inkjet Printing
- Screen Printing
A detailed breakup and analysis of the printed sensor market based on printing technology have also been provided in the report. this includes gravure, inkjet, screen, and other printings.
- Consumer Electronics
- Environmental Testing
- Industrial Equipment
- Medical Devices
- Building Automation
- Smart Packaging
A detailed breakup and analysis of the printed sensor market based on application have also been provided in the report. This includes automotive, consumer electronics, environmental testing, industrial equipment, medical devices, building automation, smart packaging, and others. According to the report, consumer electronics accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for printed sensor. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific printed sensor market included the proliferation of wearable devices, emerging IoT applications, and the rising demand for smart homes and devices.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global printed sensor market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Canatu Oy, Interlink Electronics, ISORG, KWJ Engineering, Nissha Co. Ltd., Peratech Holdco Limited, PolyIC GmbH & Co.KG (LEONHARD KURZ Stiftung & Co. KG), PST Sensors, Sensitronics LLC, Tekscan, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Printed Biosensor, Printed Touch Sensor, Printed Gas Sensor, Printed Humidity Sensor, Printed Image Sensor, Printed Pressure Sensor, Printed Temperature Sensor, Printed Proximity Sensor
|Printing Technologies Covered
||Gravure Printing, Inkjet Printing, Screen Printing, Others
||Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Environmental Testing, Industrial Equipment, Medical Devices, Building Automation, Smart Packaging, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Canatu Oy, Interlink Electronics, ISORG, KWJ Engineering, Nissha Co. Ltd., Peratech Holdco Limited, PolyIC GmbH & Co.KG (LEONHARD KURZ Stiftung & Co. KG), PST Sensors, Sensitronics LLC, Tekscan, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global printed sensor market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global printed sensor market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global printed sensor market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive printed sensor market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the printed sensor market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on printing technology?
- Which is the most attractive printing technology in the printed sensor market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the printed sensor market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global printed sensor market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global printed sensor market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the printed sensor market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global printed sensor market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the printed sensor industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.