The global Reishi mushroom market size reached US$ 3.6 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 5.7 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 7.8% during 2023-2028. The rising prevalence of chronic and acute indications, augmenting demand for natural and organic products, and rapid product utilization in dietary supplements represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Reishi mushroom, also known as Ganoderma lucidum, is a type of medicinal mushroom that has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years due to its purported health benefits. A large, dark-colored edible mushroom with a thick reddish-brown cap, distinctive glossy surface, and a woody texture, it is consumed in dried or powdered form, or as an extract in supplements. Reishi mushroom is known for its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-tumor and immune-boosting properties. It contains a variety of active compounds, including triterpenoids, polysaccharides, and peptidoglycans, which contribute to its medicinal properties. Reishi mushrooms provide several medical benefits, such as stimulating the production of white blood cells and other immune cells, helping improve cognitive function, reducing stress, boosting energy levels, while being rich in anti-inflammatory properties that can help to reduce inflammation throughout the body.
Reishi Mushroom Market Trends:
The market is majorly driven by the rising demand for natural and organic products across the globe. This can be attributed to the growing awareness regarding numerous medicinal properties of the mushroom among the consumers. In line with this, the paradigm shift toward natural remedies for chronic diseases, such as diabetes, obesity and cardiovascular diseases, is providing an impetus to the market. Also, the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, along with the growing geriatric population that is more susceptible to developing these ailments, is creating a positive market outlook. In addition to this, the rapid product utilization in the formulation of a wide range of dietary supplements is propelling the demand for Reishi mushroom. The market is further fueled by the rising popularity of Reishi mushrooms as an alternative to animal-based products in vegan diets due to their high nutritional value. Apart from this, favorable government policies in several countries supporting the cultivation of Reishi mushroom is also acting as a significant growth-inducing factor for the market. Furthermore, the augmenting demand for natural and organic beauty products where Reishi mushroom is used as an anti-aging and anti-inflammatory agent is impacting the market positively. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include the emerging trend of veganism, inflating disposable income levels, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global Reishi mushroom market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on form, nature, and end user.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the Reishi mushroom market based on the form. This includes liquid and powder. According to the report, powder represented the largest segment.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the Reishi mushroom market based on the nature. This includes organic and conventional. According to the report, conventional represented the largest segment.
End User Insights:
- Food and Beverages
- Pharmaceutical, Nutraceutical and Dietary Supplement
- Cosmetics and Personal Care
A detailed breakup and analysis of the Reishi mushroom market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes food and beverages, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and dietary supplement, and cosmetics and personal care. According to the report, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and dietary supplement accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for Reishi mushroom. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific Reishi mushroom market included the growing geriatric population susceptible to chronic ailments, escalating demand for natural and organic products, inflating disposable income, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global reishi mushroom market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Alphay International Inc., Bio-Botanica, Bristol Botanicals Limited, DXN Holdings Bhd, Hokkaido Reishi, Mushroom Science, Nammex, Qingdao Dacon Trading Co., Ron Teeguarden Enterprises Inc, The Mushroom Company, Xi'an Greena Biotech Co. Ltd, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|End Users Covered
||Food and Beverages, Pharmaceutical, Nutraceutical and Dietary Supplement, Cosmetics and Personal Care
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Alphay International Inc., Bio-Botanica, Bristol Botanicals Limited, DXN Holdings Bhd, Hokkaido Reishi, Mushroom Science, Nammex, Qingdao Dacon Trading Co., Ron Teeguarden Enterprises Inc, The Mushroom Company, Xi'an Greena Biotech Co. Ltd, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global reishi mushroom market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global reishi mushroom market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global reishi mushroom market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive reishi mushroom market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the form?
- Which is the most attractive form in the reishi mushroom market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the nature?
- Which is the most attractive nature in the reishi mushroom market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the reishi mushroom market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global reishi mushroom market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global reishi mushroom market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the reishi mushroom market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global reishi mushroom market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the reishi mushroom industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.