The global rigid endoscopes market size reached US$ 5.9 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 8.8 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.7% during 2023-2028. The increasing consumer preferences for minimally invasive surgeries (MIS), the rising prevalence of chronic diseases, and the surging adoption of endoscopic devices in outpatient clinics represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2022
||US$ 5.9 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 8.8 Billion
|Market Growth Rate (2023-2028)
Rigid endoscopes refer to small tubular telescope devices that allow physicians to look inside joints and body cavities that otherwise would require a more invasive examination procedure. They are typically manufactured using metal tubes that contain the lenses and the light channels. They are widely available in numerous external diameters, ranging from 1 to 12 mm, and have a series of high-resolution optical glass rod lenses. They aid endoscopists in visualizing the surface of organs, their vessels, and pathological changes, eliminating the need for making large incisions in the body and delivering a much clearer view than with the naked eye. As a result, rigid endoscopes find extensive applications in endoscopy, biopsies of various organs, and minimally invasive surgical procedures, including rhinoscopy (nose), cystoscopy (urinary bladder), and laparoscopy (abdomen).
Rigid Endoscopes Market Trends:
The increasing consumer preferences for minimally invasive surgeries (MIS), as they involve smaller incisions, less pain, and faster wound healing, represent the primary factor driving the market growth. Moreover, the rising prevalence of chronic diseases, such as liver cancer, endometriosis, and tumors, has catalyzed market growth. This can be attributed to the significant rise in the adoption of endoscopy for the timely diagnosis and effective treatment of such medical conditions. Additionally, the shifting inclination of physicians toward rigid endoscopes due to their ability to provide high-definition images of organs and offer better visualization in surgical procedures has augmented the product demand. This, coupled with the growing usage of endoscopic devices in outpatient clinics, has accelerated the product adoption rate. Furthermore, the leading manufacturers are focusing on obtaining regulatory approvals for their products and engaging in research and development (R&D) activities to launch innovative product variants. In line with this, continual technological advancements in the field of endoscopic instruments by key players are contributing to market growth. Besides this, the introduction of sterile disposable endoscopes that help minimize the risk of infections is positively influencing the market growth. Some other major factors propelling the market growth include the rising number of surgeries, expanding geriatric population worldwide, continual advancements in medical facilities and infrastructure, inflating consumer healthcare spending, and widespread availability of favorable reimbursement policies.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global rigid endoscopes market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product and end user.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the rigid endoscopes market based on the product. This includes laparoscopes, arthroscopes, ureteroscopes, bronchoscopes, laryngoscopes, sinuscopes, otoscopes, sigmoidoscopes, duodenoscopes, and others. According to the report, laparoscopes represented the largest segment.
End User Insights:
- Outpatient Facilities
A detailed breakup and analysis of the rigid endoscopes market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes hospitals, outpatient facilities, and others. According to the report, outpatient facilities accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for rigid endoscopes. Some of the factors driving the North America rigid endoscopes market included its rapidly aging population, rising burden of cancer and gastrointestinal disorders, growing popularity of elective endoscopic surgeries in the region, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global rigid endoscopes market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Arthrex Inc., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Ecleris, NeoScope Inc., Olympus Corporation, PENTAX Medical (Hoya Corporation), Stryker Corporation, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Rigid Endoscopes Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
||Laparoscopes, Arthroscopes, Ureteroscopes, Bronchoscopes, Laryngoscopes, Sinuscopes, Otoscopes, Sigmoidoscopes, Duodenoscopes, Others
|End Users Covered
||Hospitals, Outpatient Facilities, Others
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Arthrex Inc., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Ecleris, NeoScope Inc., Olympus Corporation, PENTAX Medical (Hoya Corporation), Stryker Corporation, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global rigid endoscopes market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global rigid endoscopes market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global rigid endoscopes market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive rigid endoscopes market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- Which is the most attractive product in the rigid endoscopes market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the rigid endoscopes market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global rigid endoscopes market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global rigid endoscopes market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the rigid endoscopes market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global rigid endoscopes market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the rigid endoscopes industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.