The global rugby apparel market size reached US$ 1.12 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 2.03 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 9.70% during 2023-2028. The rising number of rugby tournaments, increasing product demand among fans, and introduction of eco-friendly products represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2022
||US$ 1.12 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 2.03 Billion
|Market Growth Rate (2023-2028)
Rugby apparel refers to specialized clothing designed for rugby players to prevent injuries and enhance performance. It includes jerseys, shorts, jackets, hoodies, t-shirts, singlets, and socks. Rugby apparel is manufactured using various durable and stretchable materials, such as polyester, nylon, spandex, cotton, and elastane. It is widely used to provide extra padding, increase athletic abilities, differentiate teammates and opponents, and enhance comfort. It is a comfortable, lightweight, and breathable product that provides moisture-wicking properties and withstands the demanding physical conditions of rugby, such as tackling, scrums, and rucks. It also aids in regulating body temperature, increasing circulation, preventing overheating, and absorbing shocks during contact and collisions between players.
Rugby Apparel Market Trends:
The rising number of rugby tournaments across the globe, such as the rugby world cup, Olympics, rugby men’s international championship, and rugby six-nation, are among the key factors driving the market growth. Rugby apparel is widely used by players to enhance performance, prevent injuries, improve movements, and increase comfort, due to its lightweight, breathable, stretchable, and moisture-absorbing properties. In addition to this, the increasing product demand among fans and sports enthusiasts to encourage their teams is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, the growing number of women’s rugby championships and tournaments is facilitating the demand for specialized products designed for female players. Additionally, the introduction of eco-friendly products manufactured using sustainable raw material, such as organic cotton and recycled polyester, which reduces waste, minimize water pollution, and saves energy, is positively influencing the market growth. Apart from this, the recent development of advanced products that provides anti-microbial properties and offers protection against ultraviolet (UV) radiation is providing an impetus to the market growth. Moreover, increasing sponsorship activities by several rugby teams, which allow brands to promote their products through team jerseys and other apparel, is propelling the market growth. Other factors, including rising expenditure capacities of consumers, easy product availability across e-commerce platforms, increasing investment in research and development (R&D) on innovative products, and aggressive promotional activities by manufacturers, are anticipated to drive the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global rugby apparel market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, distribution channel, and end user.
- Upper Wear
- Bottom Wear
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the rugby apparel market based on the type. This includes upper wear, bottom wear, and socks. According to the report, upper wear represented the largest segment.
Distribution Channel Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the rugby apparel market based on the distribution channel has also been provided in the report. This includes offline and online. According to the report, offline accounted for the largest market share.
End User Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the rugby apparel market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes men and women. According to the report, men accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Europe was the largest market for rugby apparel. Some of the factors driving the Europe rugby apparel market included rising expenditure capacities of consumers, increasing number of rugby tournaments, and various product innovations.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global rugby apparel market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Adidas AG, Badger Rugby Limited, Decathlon SA, Grays of Cambridge (International) Ltd., KOOGA New Zealand, Macron S.p.A., Nike Inc., O'Neills Irish International Sports Company Ltd., Pentland Brands Limited, Puma SE, Under Armour Inc., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Rugby Apparel Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Distribution Channel
- End User
||Upper Wear, Bottom Wear, Socks
|Distribution Channels Covered
|End Users Covered
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Adidas AG, Badger Rugby Limited, Decathlon SA, Grays of Cambridge (International) Ltd., KOOGA New Zealand, Macron S.p.A., Nike Inc., O'Neills Irish International Sports Company Ltd., Pentland Brands Limited, Puma SE, Under Armour Inc., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global rugby apparel market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global rugby apparel market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global rugby apparel market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive rugby apparel market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the rugby apparel market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- Which is the most attractive distribution channel in the rugby apparel market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the rugby apparel market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global rugby apparel market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global rugby apparel market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the rugby apparel market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global rugby apparel market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the rugby apparel industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.