The global snorkeling equipment market size reached US$ 2.23 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 3.04 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.1% during 2023-2028. Considerable rise in the popularity of water sports across the globe, increasing preference for outpatient stay due to its lower costs and convenience, and increasing health consciousness represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Snorkeling is a water activity that resembles swimming in a convenient and safer way by using professional safety equipment to breathe underwater. Since snorkeling involves swimming on the surface of the water with the head and nose inside the water, it needs lesser equipment as compared to scuba diving. Some of the most important pieces of snorkeling equipment include a curved plastic tube called snorkel, a mask fitted to the face and nasal cavity, and diving fins. Among some of the prominent features of the snorkel set are the tempered glass lens mask and adjustable buckles that make swimming safer and more enjoyable. The snorkeler floats on the surface of the water, wearing a mask to see the underwater world, a snorkel to breathe from the water's surface, and fins for propulsion. Snorkeling with proper equipment provides a wide variety of health benefits, including improved lungs and breath control, and strengthened vital muscles.
Snorkeling Equipment Market Trends:
A considerable rise in the popularity of water sports across the globe is a significant factor driving the growth of the snorkeling equipment market. This can be attributed to the shifting preference of millennial consumers toward coastal adventure activities. In line with this, the increasing international tourist arrivals, particularly in the tropical regions, are providing an impetus to the market. Moreover, continual technological improvements in the manufacturing of snorkeling equipment, such as pivot-dry technology to manufacture, to introduce adjustable fin straps and comfortable foot pocket are propelling the market. Additionally, the widespread popularity of regional championships continues to grow, due to which snorkeling camps are being established to attract tourists, which, in turn, is fueling the market. However, a significant rise in global temperatures, pollution, global warming and climate change are adversely affecting the market. On the contrary, the expansion of supply chain and distribution network in new regions is creating lucrative growth opportunities in the market. The market is further propelled by numerous partnerships, merger and acquisitions (M&As), and research and development (R&D) activities conducted by the ley players. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include continual up-gradation of products and new launches, international tourism expenditure, the introduction of pocket-friendly snorkeling activities, and inflating disposable income levels.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global snorkeling equipment market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, distribution channels, and end use.
- Snorkeling Masks
- Snorkeling Fins
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the snorkeling equipment market based on the type. This includes snorkels, snorkeling masks, and snorkeling fins. According to the report, snorkels represented the largest segment.
Distribution Channels Insights
- Specialty Stores
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the snorkeling equipment market based on the distribution channels. This includes e-commerce, specialty stores, hypermarkets and supermarkets, and others. According to the report, specialty stores accounted for the largest market share.
End Use Insights
A detailed breakup and analysis of the snorkeling equipment market based on the end use has also been provided in the report. This includes residential and commercial. According to the report, commercial accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for snorkeling equipment services. Some of the factors driving the North America snorkeling equipment market included the shifting preference of millennial consumers toward adventure sports, the rising number of regional championships, rapid expansion of the supply chain and distribution network, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global snorkeling equipment market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Apollo Sports USA Inc., Aqua Lung International, Aquatec- Duton Industry Co. Ltd, Beuchat International, Cressi S.p.A., Dive Rite, Diving Unlimited International, H2odyssey, Mares, Poseidon Diving Systems AB, Seavenger, Sherwood Scuba, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Type, Distribution Channels, End Use, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Apollo Sports USA Inc., Aqua Lung International, Aquatec- Duton Industry Co. Ltd, Beuchat International, Cressi S.p.A., Dive Rite, Diving Unlimited International, H2odyssey, Mares, Poseidon Diving Systems AB, Seavenger, Sherwood Scuba, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global snorkeling equipment market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global snorkeling equipment market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive snorkeling equipment markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channels?
- What is the breakup of the market based on end use?
- What is the competitive structure of the global snorkeling equipment market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global snorkeling equipment market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the snorkeling equipment market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global snorkeling equipment market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the snorkeling equipment industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.