The global surfing equipment market size reached US$ 4.73 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 6.02 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 3.9% during 2023-2028. The augmenting popularity of surfing as a recreational and competitive sports event, increasing awareness regarding numerous types of water sports among the masses, rising health-consciousness along with growing engagement in outdoor activities represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Surfing equipment refers to a wide range of gear and accessories employed by surfers to enhance their experience, promote safety, and facilitate wave riding and ocean navigation. They are specifically designed to be lightweight and durable to facilitate easy maneuverability in the water and withstand the harsh ocean environment, including saltwater, waves, and potential impact with rocks or reefs. In addition to this, they provide buoyancy and maximize hydrodynamic efficiency for surfers, minimizing resistance while riding waves and keeping the surfers afloat. Surfers typically use their body and feet to balance on the board and apply wax to the deck of the surfboard to provide traction and prevent slipping while standing. By utilizing the buoyancy of the surfboard and paddling for effective positioning in wave selection, surfing equipment helps maintain stability and control while catching and riding waves. Some of the most common surfing equipment includes surfboard, wetsuit, leash, fins, and wax as well.
Surfing Equipment Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the augmenting popularity of surfing as a recreational and competitive sports event. This can be attributed to the increasing awareness regarding numerous types of water sports among the masses. In line with this, with the rising health-consciousness and growing engagement in outdoor activities, the demand for surfing equipment is witnessing a boost. The considerable rise in travel and tourism activities, particularly in coastal regions with favorable surfing conditions is also acting as a significant growth-inducing factor for the market. In addition to this, continual technological advancements in the materials and design such as thermal-lines and sealed seam wetsuits, epoxy and carbon fiber composite-made surfboards, and improved traction pads is propelling the market. Moreover, the integration of smart technology in surfing equipment such as sensors and connectivity capabilities, computer numerical control (CNC) machines, and computer-aided design (CAD) customization of surfboards is creating a positive market outlook. The market is further driven by the growing number of professional surfing competitions, celebrity endorsements and sponsorship by leading brands. Apart from this, the easy availability of a wide range of product variants across online and offline retail channels is providing an impetus to the market. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include rapid urbanization, inflating disposable income levels, and the increasing number of professional surfers.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global surfing equipment market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product and distribution channel.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the surfing equipment market based on the product. This includes surfboards, apparel, accessories, and others. According to the report, surfboards represented the largest segment.
Distribution Channel Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the surfing equipment market based on the distribution channel has also been provided in the report. This includes online and offline. According to the report, offline accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for surfing equipment. Some of the factors driving the North America surfing equipment market included the increasing number of professional surfers, presence of several key players, inflating disposable income levels, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global surfing equipment market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Agit Global Inc., Boardriders Inc., Channel Islands Surfboards, Cobra International Co Ltd., Firewire Surfboards LLC, Huizhou Xinyitong Sports Equipment Co Ltd., Rusty Surfboards Inc., Simon Anderson Surfboards, Tahe Outdoors, Xanadu Surfboards, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Distribution Channel
||Surfboards, Apparel, Accessories, Others
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Agit Global Inc., Boardriders Inc., Channel Islands Surfboards, Cobra International Co Ltd., Firewire Surfboards LLC, Huizhou Xinyitong Sports Equipment Co Ltd., Rusty Surfboards Inc., Simon Anderson Surfboards, Tahe Outdoors, Xanadu Surfboards, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global surfing equipment market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global surfing equipment market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global surfing equipment market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive surfing equipment market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- Which is the most attractive product in the surfing equipment market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- Which is the most attractive distribution channel in the surfing equipment market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global surfing equipment market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global surfing equipment market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the surfing equipment market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global surfing equipment market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the surfing equipment industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.