The United States fusion splicer market is currently witnessing moderate growth. A fusion splicer is used to fuse two or more fibers and form a single unit. It functions by positioning pre-prepared optical fiber tops and combining them to pass light signals. It relies on the profile alignment system (PAS) software to estimate the loss of material during the process of splicing; a local injection detection system to detect the edges from where the light is reflected; and an optical core that assists in aligning fiber cables.
Fusion splicers are widely employed in the telecommunication industry to install fuse fibers in underground cable installations and fiber-optical aerial cables outside plants. This, in confluence with the burgeoning telecommunication and broadband industry, represents one of the significant factors fueling the growth of the market in the United States. Apart from this, the escalating demand for fiber-to-the-home (FTHH) deployments is bolstering the market growth. However, the recent outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has slowed down the manufacturing activities in the country due to the imposition of lockdown by the US Government. The market is anticipated to recover once lockdown restrictions are relaxed across the country. Looking forward, the market is expected to continue its moderate growth during the forecast period (2021-2026).
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the United States fusion splicer market report, along with forecasts for growth at the region level from 2021-2026. Our report has categorized the market based on region, offering, product, alignment type and application.
Breakup by Offering:
- Software and Services
Breakup by Product:
- Single Fiber Fusion Splicer
- Ribbon Fiber Fusion Splicer
- Special Fiber Fusion Splicer
Breakup by Alignment Type:
- Core Alignment
- Cladding Alignment
Breakup by Application:
- Cable TV
- Aerospace & Defense
Breakup by Region:
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the United States fusion splicer market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the United States fusion splicer market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the offering?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the alignment type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the United States fusion splicer market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?