The global water polo equipment market size reached US$ 3.5 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 4.6 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.1% during 2023-2028. The increasing popularity of water sports, the easy product availability at affordable price points, and the growing inclusion of water polo as a part of extracurricular activity represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Water polo is a seven-sided sports game that involves seven swimmers in each team competing to receive and deliver the ball into the opponents’ goals. This game requires caps, swimming trunks, suits, balls, goal posts, swim goggles, mouthguards, and various storage devices, such as ball carts and bags, as the standard equipment. Some of these components are usually manufactured from nylon, cotton, latex, silicone, rubber, and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) materials. Water polo equipment maintains the individual’s body temperature, prevents the ball from slipping out during the gameplay, and protects players against harsh environmental conditions, including strong winds and sunburns. Apart from this, water polo equipment helps regulate body temperature, provides optimal comfort, reduces muscle fatigue, and prevents the risk of severe injuries. As a result, water polo equipment is extensively used during the gameplay by sports players to maintain the optimal safety while ensuring the ease of movement while playing.
Water Polo Equipment Market Trends:
The increasing popularity of water polo sports, especially in events, such as the Commonwealth, Olympics, and Asian Games and the rising participation of youth in various gaming events as extracurricular curricular activity represent a prime factor driving the market growth. This can be further attributed to the growing health concerns and the escalating individual awareness regarding the multiple benefits of participating in sports activities. In line with this, the ongoing acceptance of in-the-water sports and the growing need for several efficient and safe equipment during intensive training sessions and competitions to avoid injuries is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Additionally, the implementation of favorable green initiatives by governments of several countries has prompted sports product manufacturers to employ recycled and eco-friendly materials to fabricate water polo equipment, which, in turn, is contributing to the market growth. Moreover, the ongoing introduction of innovative sports products in terms of designs, color combinations, shapes, sizes, materials, and weights to facilitate the constantly evolving consumer preferences is supporting the market growth. Furthermore, the availability of multiple water polo equipment across diverse distribution channels at cost-effective rates, such as e-commerce portals, is propelling the market growth. Apart from this, the continuous development of lightweight and advanced water polo equipment by key players and fueling interest in recreational water sports are positively impacting the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global water polo equipment market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type and distribution channel.
- Goal Posts
The report has also provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the water polo equipment market based on the type. This includes swimsuits, balls, caps, and goal posts. According to the report, swimsuits represented the largest segment.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Sports and Specialty Stores
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Department Stores
- Online Stores
A detailed breakup and analysis of the water polo equipment market based on the distribution channels have also been provided in the report. This includes sports and specialty stores, supermarkets and hypermarkets, department stores, and online stores. According to the report, sports and specialty stores accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for water polo equipment. Some of the factors driving the North America water polo equipment market included the easy product availability across various distribution channels, the increasing popularity of water sports activities, and the rising demand for eco-friendly product variants.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global water polo equipment market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Kap7 International Inc., Mikasa Corporation, TYR Sport Inc. (Swimwear Anywhere Inc.), etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Types Covered
||Swimsuits, Balls, Caps, Goal Posts
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Sports and Specialty Stores, Supermarkets and Hypermarkets, Department Stores, Online Stores
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Kap7 International Inc., Mikasa Corporation, TYR Sport Inc. (Swimwear Anywhere Inc.), etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global water polo equipment market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global water polo equipment market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive water polo equipment markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- What is the competitive structure of the global water polo equipment market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global water polo equipment market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the water polo equipment market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global water polo equipment market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assists stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the water polo equipment industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and?provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.