The global equine healthcare market size reached US$ 1.43 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 2.07 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.60% during 2023-2028. The rapid increase in the equine population, rising awareness among owners regarding equine health and proper nutrition, and the utilization of advanced imaging techniques represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Equine Healthcare Market Size in 2022
||US$ 1.43 Billion
|Equine Healthcare Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 2.07 Billion
|Equine Healthcare Market Growth Rate 2023-2028
Equine healthcare is a branch of veterinary medicine that focuses on the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases in horses. It involves the utilization of various products, such as vaccines, dewormers, topical treatments, joint supplements, prebiotics, fly sprays, hoof conditioners, antiseptics, and performance additives. Equine healthcare includes preventive care, illness management, lameness treatment, reproductive care, oral hygiene, rehabilitation, and addressing behavioral issues. It assists in improving overall health, preventing future complications, allowing early disease detection, facilitating successful breeding, promoting a longer lifespan, and reducing the risk of serious diseases, such as lameness, dental problems, infections, obesity, herpes, and rabies.
Equine Healthcare Market Trends:
The rapid increase in the equine population due to the widespread utilization of horses in racing, farming, and as companions is one of the primary factors propelling the market growth. Equine healthcare services and products, such as preventive care, reproductive services, rehabilitation centers, vaccines, and health supplements, are widely used to ensure optimum performance, prevent complications, protect from injuries, and reduce the risk of illnesses. In addition to this, rising awareness among the owners regarding the importance of equine health and proper nutrition is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, the implementation of various government initiatives to support animal welfare, promote responsible ownership, and provide access to high-quality healthcare facilities is positively influencing the market growth. Additionally, the utilization of advanced imaging techniques, such as digital radiography, ultrasound, and endoscopy, to provide detailed cross-sectional images of the horse's body, thus allowing the diagnosis of musculoskeletal injuries, lameness, and internal diseases, is contributing to the market growth. Besides this, the recent development of wearable health monitoring devices for horses, which allows continuous monitoring of vital signs, activity levels, and behavior to facilitate early detection of any health issues, is providing an impetus to the market growth. Moreover, the growing number of equine sports, such as racing, jumping, dressage, and endurance riding, is propelling the market growth. Other factors, including rising expenditure capacities of consumers, emerging trends of pet humanization, extensive research and development (R&D) activities, and rapid expansion of the e-commerce industry, are anticipated to drive the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global equine healthcare market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product, indication, and distribution channel.
- Anti-Inflammatory Drugs
- Parasiticide Drugs
- Live Attenuated Vaccine
- Recombinant Vaccine
- Medicated Feed Additives
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the equine healthcare market based on the product. This includes drugs (anti-inflammatory drugs, parasiticide drugs, and others), vaccines (live attenuated vaccine, recombinant vaccine, and others), medicated feed additives, diagnostics, and others. According to the report, drugs represented the largest segment.
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Parasite Control
- Equine Herpes Virus
- Equine Encephalomyelitis
- Equine Influenza
- West Nile Virus
A detailed breakup and analysis of the equine healthcare market based on the indication has also been provided in the report. This includes musculoskeletal disorders, parasite control, equine herpes virus, equine encephalomyelitis, equine influenza, West Nile virus, tetanus, rabies, and others. According to the report, parasite control accounted for the largest market share.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Veterinary Hospitals and Clinics
- Retail Pharmacies and Drug Stores
A detailed breakup and analysis of the equine healthcare market based on the distribution channel has also been provided in the report. This includes veterinary hospitals and clinics and retail pharmacies and drug stores. According to the report, veterinary hospitals and clinics accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for equine healthcare. Some of the factors driving the North America equine healthcare market included the rising equine population, supportive government policies, and significant technological advancements.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global equine healthcare market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Ceva, Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC, Elanco Animal Health Incorporated, Esaote SpA, Hallmarq Veterinary Imaging, IDEXX Laboratories Inc., Merck & Co. Inc., Vetoquinol S.A., Zoetis Inc, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
- Drugs: Anti-Inflammatory Drugs, Parasiticide Drugs, Others
- Vaccines: Live Attenuated Vaccine, Recombinant Vaccine, Others
- Medicated Feed Additives
||Musculoskeletal Disorders, Parasite Control, Equine Herpes Virus, Equine Encephalomyelitis, Equine Influenza, West Nile Virus, Tetanus, Rabies, Others
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Veterinary Hospitals and Clinics, Retail Pharmacies and Drug Stores
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Ceva, Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC, Elanco Animal Health Incorporated, Esaote SpA, Hallmarq Veterinary Imaging, IDEXX Laboratories Inc., Merck & Co. Inc., Vetoquinol S.A., Zoetis Inc, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global equine healthcare market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global equine healthcare market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global equine healthcare market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive equine healthcare market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- Which is the most attractive product in the equine healthcare market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the indication?
- Which is the most attractive indication in the equine healthcare market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on distribution channel?
- Which is the most attractive distribution channel in the equine healthcare market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global equine healthcare market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global equine healthcare market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the equine healthcare market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global equine healthcare market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the equine healthcare industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.