The Europe plant-based meat market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 19.80% during 2023-2028. The rising environmental concerns and health consciousness among consumers, cultural shifts toward vegetarianism and veganism lifestyles, and increased marketing efforts by key players to position plant-based meat as a mainstream choice represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Plant-based meat refers to products made from natural, plant-derived ingredients that are processed and structured to replicate the taste, texture, and appearance of traditional animal-based meat. These alternatives are created using proteins extracted from sources such as soy, peas, lentils, and wheat and often incorporate flavorings and colorings to mimic the experience of consuming meat. In the food industry, plant-based meat serves both vegetarians and those looking to reduce meat consumption due to health, environmental, or ethical reasons. With a rising demand for sustainable and health-conscious food choices, plant-based meat is gaining immense popularity among the masses as a part of contemporary diets, particularly in regions with a growing focus on environmental stewardship and personal wellness, such as Europe.
Europe Plant-Based Meat Market Trends:
In Europe, the increasing concerns regarding environmental sustainability and animal welfare have fueled a substantial shift in consumer preference toward plant-based meat alternatives. This trend is further supported by favorable European Union regulations, promoting eco-friendly practices and reducing meat consumption for health and environmental reasons. Moreover, the rise in vegetarianism, veganism, and flexitarian lifestyles has expanded the consumer base for plant-based products. Along with this, the growing awareness of the health benefits of reducing meat consumption, such as lower risk of chronic diseases, is encouraging individuals to turn to plant-based options, thus fueling the product demand. Besides this, the widespread availability of plant-based meat in supermarkets, specialty stores, and restaurants across Europe complements these cultural shifts, thus making it more accessible and appealing to a wider audience. Additionally, the rise in strategic collaborations between food tech companies and traditional meat producers leads to more authentic and diverse product offerings. In line with this, ongoing research and development (R&D) in texture, flavor, and nutritional profile optimization by key players to close the gap between plant-based and animal-based meat products is favoring market growth. Furthermore, the advent of cultured or lab-grown meat promises a new frontier in the alternative meat sector, thus creating a positive market outlook. This, coupled with the escalating consumer interest in healthy and organic ingredients, is propelling market growth. Apart from this, heavy investments in advertising and marketing activities by key players to position plant-based meat as a mainstream choice rather than a niche option have accelerated product adoption rates across the region. Other factors, including the emerging trend of ethical consumption, rising consciousness regarding the impact of traditional animal farming, and continuous product innovations, are also supporting the growth of the plant-based meat market in Europe.
Europe Plant-Based Meat Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the Europe plant-based meat market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product type, source, meat type, and distribution channel.
Product Type Insights:
- Burger Patties
- Nuggets and Strips
- Ground Meat
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the product type. This includes burger patties, sausages, nuggets and strips, ground meat, meatballs, and others.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the source has also been provided in the report. This includes soy, wheat, peas, and others.
Meat Type Insights:
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the meat type. This includes chicken, beef, pork, and others.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Restaurant and Catering Industry
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Convenience and Specialty Stores
- Online Retail
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the distribution channel has also been provided in the report. This includes restaurant and catering industry, supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience and specialty stores, and online retail.
- United Kingdom
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
Europe Plant-Based Meat Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Product Type
- Meat Type
- Distribution Channel
|Product Types Covered
||Burger Patties, Sausages, Nuggets and Strips, Ground Meat, Meatballs, Others
||Soy, Wheat, Peas, Others
|Meat Types Covered
||Chicken, Beef, Pork, Others
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Restaurant and Catering Industry, Supermarkets and Hypermarkets, Convenience and Specialty Stores, Online Retail
||Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Others
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Europe plant-based meat market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Europe plant-based meat market?
- What is the breakup of the Europe plant-based meat market on the basis of product type?
- What is the breakup of the Europe plant-based meat market on the basis of source?
- What is the breakup of the Europe plant-based meat market on the basis of meat type?
- What is the breakup of the Europe plant-based meat market on the basis of distribution channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the Europe plant-based meat market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Europe plant-based meat market?
- What is the structure of the Europe plant-based meat market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Europe plant-based meat market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the Europe plant-based meat market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the Europe plant-based meat market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the Europe plant-based meat industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.