The global high-barrier pouches market size reached US$ 2.38 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 3.54 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.60% during 2023-2028. The increasing product applications across various end use industries, escalating demand for flexible packaging solutions, and continual product innovations represent some of the key factors driving the market.
High-barrier pouches refer to thin, flexible packaging materials made of multiple layers of high-performance barrier resins and films. Some commonly used materials to manufacture these pouches include polyethylene, polypropylene, aluminum foil, metalized polyethylene terephthalate (PET), saran-coated PET, nylon, and polyester. They are mainly used to protect and preserve products from external factors, such as odors, moisture, gases, UV rays, and contaminants while extending their shelf life and stability. They offer numerous benefits, including high puncture and heat resistance, excellent tensile strength, versatility, durability, and low oxygen and moisture vapor transmission rates. Nowadays, they are widely available in a range of sizes, types, and materials and can be customized for specialized uses. As a result, high-barrier pouches find extensive applications in the packaging of solid, liquid, paste, and semi-paste products across the globe.
High-Barrier Pouches Market Trends:
The increasing product applications across various end use industries represent the primary factors driving the market growth. For instance, high-barrier pouches are gaining traction in the food and beverage (F&B) sector as they ensure product freshness and quality while retaining its original color, taste, texture, and aroma for longer durations. In addition, there is a rise in product use for packaging pharmaceutical drugs and medicinal supplies for protection against external factors, such as moisture, light, biological contamination, gases, and mechanical damage, that may degrade product quality and effectiveness. Along with this, the shifting preferences from traditionally used metal cans and bottles toward pouch packaging due to its ease of handling, lightweight, cost-effectiveness, and less storage space requirements have catalyzed the market growth. Furthermore, several manufacturers are adopting flexible packaging solutions, such as high-barrier pouches, owing to their better seal reliability, adjustable peelability, optimal product safety, and improved user convenience. In line with this, due to the implementation of stringent environmental and government compliance standards, heavy investments in research and development (R&D) activities to develop eco-friendly, sterile, and biodegradable pouches are offering lucrative growth opportunities to key players. Other factors, including rapid growth in the pharmaceuticals industry, increasing concerns regarding product safety and quality, elevating sales of packaged and ready-to-eat (RTE) foods and beverages, and ongoing product innovations, are also creating a favorable market outlook.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global high-barrier pouches market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product, material, film layer, and application.
- Standup Pouches
- Spouted Pouches
- Four Side Seal
- Retort Pouches
- Three Side Seal Pouches
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the high-barrier pouches market based on the product. This includes standup pouches, spouted pouches, four side seal, retort pouches, three side seal pouches, and others. According to the report, standup pouches represented the largest segment.
- High Barrier Additives
- Tubes and Spouts
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the high-barrier pouches market based on the material. This includes polyethylene, polypropylene, high barrier additives, aluminium, polyamide, fitments, and tubes and spouts. According to the report, polyethylene represented the largest segment.
Film Layer Insights:
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the high-barrier pouches market based on the film layer. This includes standup five-layer, seven-layer and nine-layer. According to the report, five-layer represented the largest segment.
- Pet Food
- Home Care
- Personal Care
A detailed breakup and analysis of the high-barrier pouches market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes food, beverages, pharmaceuticals, pet food, industrial, home care, and personal care. According to the report, food accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Europe was the largest market for high-barrier pouches. Some of the factors driving the Europe high-barrier pouches market included the expanding food and beverage (F&B) industry, rising demand for packaged consumables, inflating purchasing power of individuals, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global high-barrier pouches market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Amcor Plc, BERNHARDT Packaging and Process, Bischof+Klein SE & Co. KG, ClearBags, Clifton Packaging Group Limited, Dura Pack Inc., Flair Flexible Packaging Corporation, Fres-co System USA Inc., HPM Global Inc., Shako Flexipack Private Limited, Sonoco Products Company, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Standup Pouches, Spouted Pouches, Four Side Seal, Retort Pouches, Three Side Seal Pouches, Others
||Polyethylene, Polypropylene, High Barrier Additives, Aluminum, Polyamide, Fitments, Tubes and Spouts
|Film Layers Covered
||Five-Layer, Seven-Layer, Nine-Layer
||Food, Beverages, Pharmaceuticals, Pet Food, Industrial, Home Care, Personal Care
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Amcor Plc, BERNHARDT Packaging and Process, Bischof+Klein SE & Co. KG, ClearBags, Clifton Packaging Group Limited, Dura Pack Inc., Flair Flexible Packaging Corporation, Fres-co System USA Inc., HPM Global Inc., Shako Flexipack Private Limited, Sonoco Products Company, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global high-barrier pouches market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global high-barrier pouches market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global high-barrier pouches market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive high-barrier pouches market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- Which is the most attractive product in the high-barrier pouches market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the material?
- Which is the most attractive material in the high-barrier pouches market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the film layer?
- Which is the most attractive film layer in the high-barrier pouches market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the high-barrier pouches market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global high-barrier pouches market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global high-barrier pouches market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the high-barrier pouches market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global high-barrier pouches market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the high-barrier pouches industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.