The global personal care packaging market size reached US$ 32.6 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 46.0 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.0% during 2023-2028. The significant growth in the personal care industry, emerging trends of customization and personalization, and the introduction of sustainable packaging represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2022
||US$ 32.6 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 46.0 Billion
|Market Growth Rate (2023-2028)
Personal care packaging refers to a protective covering used to store, transport, and present personal care items. It includes bottles, jars, tubes, sprays, cans, pouches, compact cases, blister packs, sachets, and single-use packets. These products are manufactured using various compatible, durable, and cost-effective materials, such as plastics, metals, glasses, paperboard, and cardboard. Personal care packaging is widely used to pack skin and hair care products, cosmetics, fragrances, grooming items, body washes, gels, creams, lotions, and personal hygiene products. It offers user convenience, maintains product hygiene and safety and prevents contamination, moisture, light exposure, and air ingress. It also helps to increase shelf life, prevent tampering, enhance visual appeal, and provides] valuable information, such as product name, ingredients, usage instructions, warnings, and regulatory compliance information.
Personal Care Packaging Market Trends:
The significant growth in the personal care industry is one of the primary factors creating a positive outlook for the market. Personal care packaging is widely used to protect, store, and transport shampoos, lotions, soaps, toothpaste, hair oil, body wash, shaving creams, sanitary pads, tampons, perfumes, deodorants, and colognes. Furthermore, the emerging trend of customization and personalization is facilitating the demand for packaging to create tailored and unique products for customers. Additionally, the introduction of sustainable packaging solutions, which is safe, eco-friendly, biodegradable, minimizes carbon footprint, and manufactured using plant-based materials, such as sugarcane, bamboo, and seaweed, is providing an impetus to the market growth. Besides this, the integration of smart packaging technologies, such as near-field communication (NFC) tags and quick response (QR) codes that provide an interactive experience and offer additional product information, customer review, and personalized recommendations, is supporting the market growth. Moreover, the recent development of portable packaging solutions, such as travel-size bottles and pouches that are compact, highly convenient, meet airline regulations, and allow consumers to carry their favorite products on the go (OTG), is contributing to the market growth. Apart from this, the widespread product application for branding and marketing activities to differentiate products from the competition, attract new customers, enhance perceived value, and drive sales is providing a thrust to the market growth. Other factors, including growing expenditure capacities of consumers, extensive research and development (R&D) activities, and the rapid expansion of the e-commerce industry, are anticipated to drive the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global personal care packaging market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on material type, packaging type, and application.
Material Type Insights:
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the personal care packaging market based on the material type. This includes plastic, glass, metal, and paper. According to the report, plastic represented the largest segment.
Packaging Type Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the personal care packaging market based on the packaging type has also been provided in the report. This includes bottles, jars, pouches, tubes, cans, and others. According to the report, bottles accounted for the largest market share.
- Skin Care
- Hair Care
- Bath and Shower
A detailed breakup and analysis of the personal care packaging market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes skin care, hair care, bath and shower, cosmetics, and others. According to the report, skin care accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for personal care packaging. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific personal care packaging market included rapid expansion in the personal care industry, increasing demand for customization, and various product innovations.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global personal care packaging market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Albea Group, Amcor plc (Bemis Co), AptarGroup Inc, Ardagh Group S.A., Crown Holdings Inc., Gerresheimer AG, ITC Limited, Mondi plc, ProAmpac Holdings Inc., Silgan Holdings Inc, Sonoco Products Company, WestRock Company, Winpak Ltd, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Material Type
- Packaging Type
|Material Types Covered
||Plastic, Glass, Metal, Paper
|Packaging Types Covered
||Bottles, Jars, Pouches, Tubes, Cans, Others
||Skin Care, Hair Care, Bath and Shower, Cosmetics, Others
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Albea Group, Amcor plc (Bemis Co), AptarGroup Inc, Ardagh Group S.A., Crown Holdings Inc., Gerresheimer AG, ITC Limited, Mondi plc, ProAmpac Holdings Inc., Silgan Holdings Inc, Sonoco Products Company, WestRock Company, Winpak Ltd, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global personal care packaging market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global personal care packaging market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global personal care packaging market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive personal care packaging market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the material type?
- Which is the most attractive material type in the personal care packaging market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the packaging type?
- Which is the most attractive packaging type in the personal care packaging market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the personal care packaging market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global personal care packaging market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global personal care packaging market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the personal care packaging market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global personal care packaging market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the personal care packaging industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.