The India biodegradable food service disposables market size reached US$ 47.6 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 70.2 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.47% during 2023-2028.
Biodegradable food service disposables are made from naturally occurring materials like sugarcane fiber, wheat bran, paper, and corn starch. They include a wide variety of food service wraps, bowls, trays, straws, bottles, and skewers that are used across the food service industry.
The India biodegradable food service disposables market is primarily driven by the increasing environmental concerns, which have led to a shift toward biodegradable alternatives. Paper disposables made from wood fiber are destroying millions of acres of forests and the inner polyurethane layer restricts their biodegradability, which is resulting in the increased usage of 100% biodegradable disposables in the country. The Government of India has also taken initiatives to promote the use of biodegradable food packaging. For instance, the State Government of Himachal Pradesh has banned the sales of fast-food in non-biodegradable plastic packaging and also implemented Section 7 of the Himachal Pradesh Non-biodegradable Garbage (Control) Act, 1995 to determine the new non-essential food items to be packaged in biodegradable material. In addition, several food and beverage companies across India have introduced sustainable packaging materials like food boxes, plates, and cutlery.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the India biodegradable food service disposables market report, along with forecasts at the country and regional levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on raw material type, product type and distribution channel.
Breakup by Raw Material Type:
- Pulp and Paper
Breakup by Product Type:
- Clamshells and Containers
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
- Business to Customer (B2C)
- Business to Business (B2B)
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Online Stores
Breakup by Region:
- North India
- West and Central India
- South India
- East India
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Raw Material Type, Product Type, Distribution Channel, Region
|North India, West and Central India, South India, East India
|10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
|Single User License: US$ 2299
Five User License: US$ 3399
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
|PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the India biodegradable food service disposables market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the India biodegradable food service disposables market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the raw material type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the India biodegradable food service disposables market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?