The India telehealth market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 25.90% during 2023-2028. The increasing demand for healthcare services, government support for digital healthcare initiatives, smartphone, and internet penetration, the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, and a bolstering healthcare IT industry represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Telehealth, also known as telemedicine, is a healthcare delivery model that involves the use of telecommunications technology to provide medical services remotely. It allows healthcare professionals to interact with patients in real time through video conferencing, phone calls, or other digital communication tools, regardless of geographical barriers. The aim of telehealth is to enhance access to healthcare services, improve patient outcomes, and reduce healthcare costs. In telehealth, patients can consult with physicians, specialists, or other healthcare providers from the comfort of their homes or any other convenient location using their smartphones, tablets, or computers. This method of healthcare delivery is particularly beneficial for individuals in rural or underserved areas, where access to healthcare facilities may be limited. Telehealth services encompass various medical consultations, including general health check-ups, mental health counseling, chronic disease management, and follow-up appointments. Apart from this, telehealth has proven to be instrumental in delivering timely medical assistance during emergencies or natural disasters when traditional healthcare systems might be compromised.
India Telehealth Market Trends:
The Indian telehealth market is being driven by the increasing demand for healthcare services and the growing burden of diseases, which has necessitated the expansion of healthcare access to remote and underserved regions. Besides this, numerous favorable initiatives by the Government of India (GOI), such as the National Digital Health Mission (NDHM) and the establishment of the Health Ministry's Telemedicine Practice Guidelines, promoting digital healthcare, are creating a favorable outlook for market expansion. Moreover, the availability of affordable smartphones and low-cost data plans has enabled a significant portion of the population to access digital devices and internet connectivity. This, in turn, has facilitated the widespread adoption of telehealth platforms and mobile health applications, enabling individuals to seek medical advice and consultations remotely, thereby reducing the burden on traditional healthcare facilities. In addition to this, the need to maintain social distancing and reduce the spread of virus during the COVID-19 pandemic has acted as a catalyst for the telehealth market in India, fueling the adoption of virtual healthcare consultations. Furthermore, the flourishing healthcare IT industry of the country, coupled with a growing number of startups specializing in innovative telehealth solutions, including AI-driven diagnostics, remote monitoring devices, and data analytics, are contributing to the market's growth.
India Telehealth Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the India telehealth market report, along with forecasts at the country level for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on component, communication technology, hosting type, application, and end user.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the component. This includes software, hardware, and service.
Communication Technology Insights:
- Video Conferencing
- mHealth Solutions
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on communication technology has also been provided in the report. This includes video conferencing, mHealth solutions, and others.
Hosting Type Insights:
- Cloud-Based and Web-Based
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the hosting type. This includes cloud-based and web-based, and on-premises.
- Teleconsultation and Telementoring
- Medial Education and Training
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes teleconsultation and telementoring, medial education and training, teleradiology, telecardiology, tele-ICU, tele-psychiatry, tele-dermatology, and others.
End User Insights:
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the end user. This includes providers, patients, payers, and others.
- South India
- North India
- West and Central India
- East India
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include South India, North India, West and Central India, and East India.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
India Telehealth Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Communication Technology
- Hosting Type
- End User
||Software, Hardware, Service
|Communication Technologies Covered
||Video Conferencing, mHealth Solutions, Others
|Hosting Types Covered
||Cloud-Based and Web-Based, On-Premises
||Teleconsultation and Telementoring, Medial Education and Training, Teleradiology, Telecardiology, Tele-ICU, Tele-Psychiatry, Tele-Dermatology, Others
|End Users Covered
||Providers, Patients, Payers, Others
||South India, East India, West and Central India, North India
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2299
Five User License: US$ 3399
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the India telehealth market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the India telehealth market?
- What is the breakup of the India telehealth market on the basis of component?
- What is the breakup of the India telehealth market on the basis of communication technology?
- What is the breakup of the India telehealth market on the basis of hosting type?
- What is the breakup of the India telehealth market on the basis of application?
- What is the breakup of the India telehealth market on the basis of end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the India telehealth market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the India telehealth market?
- What is the structure of the India telehealth market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the India telehealth market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the India telehealth market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the India telehealth market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the India telehealth industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.