The global minimally invasive surgery market reached a value of US$ 44.2 Billion in 2020. A minimally invasive surgery utilizes surgical techniques that limit the size and number of cuts or incisions during an operation with the help of small tools, cameras and lights. This procedure is much safer in nature as compared to traditional open surgery as it results in fewer complications, quicker recovery, minimal blood loss, good results and shorter hospital stays. Due to these factors, these surgeries are gaining popularity amongst surgeons as well as patients all over the world. They are mostly being used for cardiothoracic, orthopedic, vascular and neurological surgical procedures. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the global minimally invasive surgery market to exhibit moderate growth during the next five years.
- Rising geriatric population across the globe coupled with the increasing prevalence of arthritis, cancer and cardiovascular diseases is impelling the demand for these surgeries as they are associated with fewer risks and minimal procedural trauma.
- These procedures are now being performed with the help of robotic technology which allows precise control over the surgery. This has resulted in higher success rates of these procedures which, in turn, is bolstering the market growth.
- Technologically advanced products, such as narrow-band imaging endoscopes, and HD cameras have been introduced by manufacturers which are creating a positive outlook for the industry worldwide.
- As these surgeries aid in reducing post-operative pain and offer fast recovery, numerous surgeons are now performing them in their own clinics. Therefore, the rising number of physician-owned ambulatory surgical centers (ASCs) is providing impetus to the market growth.
- Historical, Current and Future Market Trends
- Market Breakup by Product Type:
- Surgical Devices
- Laparoscopy Devices
- Monitoring and Visualization Devices
- Market Breakup by Application:
- Bariatric Surgery
- Breast Surgery
- Cardiac Surgery
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Gynaecological Surgery
- Orthopedics and Spine Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Market Breakup by End-User:
- Market Breakup Region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being Zimmer Biomet Inc., Medtronic Inc., GE Healthcare, Intuitive, Eximis Surgical, Stryker Corporation, Arthrex, B. Braun, Bauer Medical, Check-Cap, Cook Medical, OmniGuide, Inc., Orthofix Holdings,Inc, Pentax, Philips Healthcare, RF System, Smith & Nephew, TransEnterix, Virtual Ports, etc.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global minimally invasive surgery market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global minimally invasive surgery industry?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global minimally invasive surgery industry?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end-user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global minimally invasive surgery industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global minimally invasive surgery industry?
- What is the structure of the global minimally invasive surgery industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global minimally invasive surgery industry?
- What are the profit margins in the global minimally invasive surgery industry?