The North America potato chips market size reached 1.2 Billion kg in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach 1.3 Billion kg by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 1.56% during 2023-2028. The rising demand for innovative flavored potato chips, increasing demand for ready-to-eat (RTE) products, and wide availability through online and offline stores represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Potato chips refer to the thin, dry, crunchy, and crispy slices of potatoes that are deep-fried in oil or baked. They are widely available in different sizes, shapes, textures, and plain and flavored potato chips in packets, containers, plastic bags, jars, and tins. They are a rich source of potassium, pantothenic acid, dietary fiber, protein, manganese, and vitamins E, C, B3, and B6. They are convenient, cheap, easy-to-go, have increased shelf life, and may benefit in reducing inflammation and constipation. They also contain antioxidants that may prevent cell damage and cancer while encouraging cardiovascular functions among individuals. Besides this, they aid in enhancing the metabolism of an individual as potato consumption breaks down carbohydrates and proteins into glucose and amino acids. As they can be consumed as a snack, side dish, and appetizer, the demand for potato chips is increasing in the North American region.
Note: Information in the above chart consists of dummy data and is only shown here for representation purpose. Kindly contact us for the actual market size and trends.
North America Potato Chips Market Trends:
At present, the rising demand for potato chips due to the busy working schedules and hectic lifestyles of individuals represents one of the key factors supporting the growth of the market in the North American region. Besides this, the growing demand for crunchy and crispy food product, such as potato chips, is offering a positive market outlook across the region. Additionally, there is a rise in the need for high-quality, vegan, and gluten-free potato chips among the masses. This, coupled with the increasing consumption of flavored potato chips, such as grilled cheese, tomato, masalas, herbs, cream and onion, lemon, chilly, and barbeque, is propelling the growth of the market. Apart from this, the rising demand for convenient packaged food products to prevent exposure to moisture and contamination is offering lucrative growth opportunities to industry investors in the North American region. Moreover, the wide availability of potato chips through various distribution channels, such as supermarkets, hypermarkets, convenience, and online stores, is positively influencing the market across the region. In addition, the rising demand for potato chips due to its increasing promotional activities on social media is contributing to the growth of the market in the region. Furthermore, key players are introducing healthy and lower cholesterol potato chips with reduced fat and calorie content, which is strengthening the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the North America potato chips market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product type and distribution channel.
Product Type Insights:
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the North America potato chips market based on the product type. This includes plain and flavored. According to the report, plain represented the largest segment.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Food Stores
- Online Stores
A detailed breakup and analysis of the North America potato chips market based on the distribution channel has also been provided in the report. This includes supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, specialty food stores, online stores, and others. According to the report, supermarkets and hypermarkets accounted for the largest market share.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include United States and Canada. According to the report, the United States was the largest market for potato chips in North America. Some of the factors driving the United States potato chips market included the wide availability of various flavors in potato chips, increasing consumption of snacks, rising demand for cost-effective ready-to-eat (RTE) products, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the North America potato chips market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product Type, Distribution Channel, Country
||United States, Canada
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the North America potato chips market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the North America potato chips market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the North America potato chips market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive North America potato chips market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- Which is the most attractive product type in the North America potato chips market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- Which is the most attractive distribution channel in the North America potato chips market?
- What is the competitive structure of the North America potato chips market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the North America potato chips market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the North America potato chips market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the North America potato chips market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the North America potato chips industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.