The global rice flour market size reached US$ 784 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 1,023 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.4% during 2023-2028. The rising demand for gluten-free products, health consciousness, expansion of the food industry, popularity of Asian cuisine, technological advancements, market innovation, and the growth of the vegan and vegetarian population represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Rice Flour Market Size in 2022
||US$ 784 Million
|Rice Flour Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 1,023 Million
|Rice Flour Market Growth Rate 2023-2028
Rice flour is derived from finely ground rice grains by milling rice into a fine powder, resulting in a smooth and light texture. It can be made from different types of rice, such as white or brown rice, each offering its distinct flavor and nutritional profile. Rice flour is a staple ingredient in gluten-free baking, where it is commonly used to make bread, cakes, cookies, and other baked goods. In addition to baking, rice flour is utilized as a thickening agent in sauces, soups, and gravies. Its fine consistency helps create smooth and silky textures in these preparations. Moreover, it is frequently employed as a coating for fried foods, providing a crispy and golden exterior. Rice flour is known for its high starch content, which contributes to its binding and adhesive properties. This characteristic makes it suitable for creating doughs and batters that hold together well during cooking.
Rice Flour Market Trends:
One of the primary factors driving the market is the rising prevalence of gluten intolerance and celiac disease. On account of this, rice flour is an excellent substitute for wheat flour in gluten-free baking and cooking. Additionally, consumers are becoming increasingly health-conscious and are actively seeking healthier food choices. Rice flour is perceived as a healthier option due to its gluten-free nature, low-fat content, and natural properties. It is also considered a better alternative to refined wheat flour, as it is less processed and retains more nutrients. Other than this, the growing vegan and vegetarian population is augmenting the demand for rice flour. Besides this, rice flour is a staple ingredient used in various culinary applications for rice flour in both traditional and fusion recipes and is popular, especially in Asian cuisines such as Chinese, Japanese, Thai, and Korean. In line with this, rice flour plays a vital role in various food processing applications. It is widely used in bakery products, snacks, baby food, sauces, and ready-to-eat meals. As the demand for processed and convenience foods increases, the demand for rice flour as an ingredient also rises. Furthermore, advances in milling and processing technologies have improved the quality and versatility of rice flour. These advancements have resulted in finer textures, increased shelf life, and enhanced nutritional profiles, making rice flour more appealing to consumers and food manufacturers. Moreover, rice flour manufacturers are continuously innovating and diversifying their product offerings. They are introducing new varieties of rice flour, such as brown rice flour, organic rice flour, and specialty blends, to cater to specific consumer preferences and dietary needs. This product diversification is driving the growth of the rice flour market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global rice flour market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on the source, category, type, application, and sales channel.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the rice flour market based on the source. This includes white rice and brown rice. According to the report, white rice represented the largest segment.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the rice flour market based on the category has also been provided in the report. This includes organic and conventional. According to the report, conventional accounted for the largest market share.
- Long Grain
- Medium and Short Grain
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the rice flour market based on the type. This includes long grain, medium and short grain, and pregelatinized. According to the report, medium and short grain represented the largest segment.
- Bakery and Confectionary
- Breakfast Cereals and Premixes
- Baby Foods
- Sweet and Savory Snacks
A detailed breakup and analysis of the rice flour market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes bakery and confectionary, breakfast cereals and premixes, baby foods, sweet and savory snacks, and others. According to the report, bakery and confectionary accounted for the largest market share.
Sales Channel Insights:
- Direct Sales
- Indirect Sales
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the rice flour market based on the sales channel. This includes direct sales and indirect sales. According to the report, direct sales represented the largest segment.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for rice flour. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific rice flour market included growing vegan and vegetarian population, expanding food processing industry, and rising health consciousness and dietary preferences.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global rice flour market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Associated British Foods PLC, Belourthe SA, Caremoli Group, Ebro Foods S.A., EDME Limited, General Mills Inc., Ingredion Incorporated, Kroner-Starke GmbH, Shipton Mill Ltd., Whitworth Bros. Ltd., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Sales Channel
||White Rice, Brown Rice
||Long Grain, Medium and Short Grain, Pregelatinized
||Bakery and Confectionary, Breakfast Cereals and Premixes, Baby Foods, Sweet and Savory Snacks, Others
|Sales Channels Covered
||Direct Sales, Indirect Sales
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Associated British Foods PLC, Belourthe SA, Caremoli Group, Ebro Foods S.A., EDME Limited, General Mills Inc., Ingredion Incorporated, Kroner-Starke GmbH, Shipton Mill Ltd., Whitworth Bros. Ltd., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global rice flour market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global rice flour market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global rice flour market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive rice flour market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the source?
- Which is the most attractive source in the rice flour market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the category?
- Which is the most attractive category in the rice flour market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the rice flour market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the rice flour market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the sales channel?
- Which is the most attractive sales channel in the rice flour market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global rice flour market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global rice flour market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the rice flour market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global rice flour market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the rice flour industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.