The global swine healthcare market size reached US$ 2.78 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 4.33 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 7.42% during 2023-2028. The increasing dependency on swine products, a considerable rise in commercial swine farming and export activities, and the growing awareness regarding pork-transmitted diseases represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Swine healthcare refers to a broad category of products, treatment procedures, and diagnostic kits that aim to alleviate discomfort during swine diseases. It focuses on treatments for common pig-related disorders like infertility and congenital anomalies as well as the development of therapeutics to prevent such diseases. Coordinated global disease monitoring, targeted research investments that minimize future threat effects, and data analysis are part of swine healthcare management. Along with this, it involves the prevention of viruses and bacteria while enhancing herd disease immunity with appropriately timed vaccinations and responsible antibiotic use. In addition to providing health services to pigs, the swine healthcare system promotes minimizing disease risks through barn design, pig movement, vaccination protocols, herd health monitoring, disease surveillance, and diagnostic tests that are appropriate for the situation.
The increasing dependency on swine products among the masses is one of the key factors driving the growth of the market. This can be attributed to a considerable rise in commercial swine farming and export activities across the globe. In line with this, the rising prevalence of numerous diseases, including swine flu, salmonella, mycoplasma hyopneumoniae, and classical swine fever (CSF), is fueling the market. Moreover, the augmenting awareness regarding pork-transmitted diseases is resulting in a higher uptake of swine healthcare products. Also, favorable initiatives taken by government bodies toward swine health maintenance are fueling the market growth. The continuously growing pork-eating population is propelling the demand for healthy swine livestock, which is further providing an impetus to the market. Besides this, extensive research and development (R&D) activities with an enhanced focus on the development of vaccines to prevent swine flu and swine fever and reduce the effects of swine diseases on humans are contributing to the market. Additionally, the augmenting incorporation of diagnostic imaging in veterinary hospitals leading to an escalating demand for accessories and diagnostic equipment is contributing to the market. Some of the other factors creating a positive market outlook include the growing adoption rates of vaccines, antibiotics, and surgical treatments for increasing livestock production, a significant rise in the rates of foodborne diseases, rapid globalization, the accelerating demand for organic pork, and considerable growth in the food and beverage (F&B) industry.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global swine healthcare market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product, disease, route of administration and distribution channel.
- Diagnostic Tests
- Enzyme Linked Immuno-Sorbent Assay (ELISA)
- Rapid Immuno Migration (RIM)
- Agar Gel Immuno-Diffusion (AGID)
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Feed Additives
The report has also provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the swine healthcare market based on the product. This includes diagnostic tests (Enzyme Linked Immuno-Sorbent Assay (ELISA), Rapid Immuno Migration (RIM), Agar Gel Immuno-Diffusion (AGID), Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), Diagnostic Imaging, and others) and therapeutics (vaccines, parasiticides, anti-infectives, feed additives, and others). According to the report, therapeutics represented the largest segment.
- Exudative Dermatitis
- Respiratory Diseases
- Swine Dysentery
- Porcine Parvovirus
A detailed breakup and analysis of the swine healthcare market based on the disease has also been provided in the report. This includes exudative dermatitis, coccidiosis, respiratory diseases, swine dysentery, porcine parvovirus, and others. According to the report, respiratory diseases accounted for the largest market share.
Route of Administration Insights
A detailed breakup and analysis of the swine healthcare market based on the route of administration has also been provided in the report. This includes injectable and oral.
Distribution Channel Insights
- Veterinary Hospitals
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
A detailed breakup and analysis of the swine healthcare market based on the distribution channel has also been provided in the report. This includes veterinary hospitals, retail pharmacy?and online pharmacy.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for swine healthcare. Some of the factors driving the North America swine healthcare market included the growing consumption of pork, improving animal healthcare infrastructure, the growing consciousness regarding pork-transmitted diseases, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global swine healthcare market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Ceva Animal Health Inc., Elanco, IDEXX Laboratories Inc., Innovative Diagnostic, Merck & Co. Inc., Phibro Animal Health Corporation, Vetoquinol, Virbac Corporation, Zoetis Inc., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Product, Disease, Route of Administration, Distribution Channel, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Ceva Animal Health Inc., Elanco, IDEXX Laboratories Inc., Innovative Diagnostic, Merck & Co. Inc., Phibro Animal Health Corporation, Vetoquinol, Virbac Corporation, Zoetis Inc., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global swine healthcare market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global swine healthcare market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive swine healthcare markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the disease?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the route of administration?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- What is the competitive structure of the global swine healthcare market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global swine healthcare market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the swine healthcare market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global swine healthcare market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the swine healthcare industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.