The United States meat market size is expected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 3.51% during 2024-2032. The rising consumer preferences for alternative protein sources, increasing consciousness regarding health and wellness, changing dietary choices of individuals, and supportive government regulations represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Growth Rate 2024-2032
Meat is a primary food source derived from the flesh of animals, typically livestock such as cattle, poultry, pork, and fish. It is a significant protein provider in human diets and has been a fundamental part of culinary traditions across various cultures for centuries. The composition of meat includes muscle tissue, along with varying amounts of fat, connective tissue, and other components. This nutrient-dense food offers a range of essential amino acids, vitamins, and minerals (such as iron and zinc), contributing to overall human health and well-being. Meat comes in different forms, including fresh, processed, and cured varieties. Fresh meat refers to raw, unprocessed cuts obtained directly from the animal, whereas processed meat undergoes techniques such as smoking, curing, or cooking to enhance flavor, texture, and preservation. Processed meat products, such as sausages, bacon, and deli meats, provide convenient options for consumption and are often used in various culinary applications. As a result, meat has gained immense popularity as a rich source of protein and essential nutrients and is widely consumed across the United States.
United States Meat Market Trends:
In the United States, consumer preferences and dietary choices have witnessed a noticeable shift in recent years. There is a growing demand for alternative protein sources, including plant-based meats and meat substitutes. This trend is driven by factors such as health concerns, environmental consciousness, and ethical considerations. In addition, with the inflating consumer purchasing power, individuals are more inclined to buy premium cuts or specialty meats. Along with this, the rising consumption of convenience foods, ready-to-eat (RTE) meals, snacks, and ethnic cuisines is contributing to the market growth. Moreover, the increasing focus on health and wellness has augmented the demand for leaner cuts, organic meats, and products with reduced additives or preservatives. Besides this, there is a growing interest in sustainable and regenerative agricultural practices leading to higher demand for meat products sourced from animals raised with higher welfare standards. This is further supported by the implementation of supportive government regulations and policies related to food safety, labeling, animal welfare, and environmental sustainability in the United States. Furthermore, technological advancements, such as the adoption of precision agriculture, data analytics, and automation technologies, have improved efficiency and productivity in meat production and processing. In line with this, continuous innovations in cellular agriculture and cultured meat hold the potential to provide alternative methods of meat production that require fewer resources and have a reduced environmental impact. This is anticipated to create a positive outlook for the market in the coming years.
United States Meat Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the United States meat market report, along with forecasts at the country level for 2024-2032. Our report has categorized the market based on type, product, and distribution channel.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the United States meat market based on the type. This includes raw and processed.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the United States meat market based on the product has also been provided in the report. This includes chicken, beef, pork, mutton, and others.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Departmental Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Online Stores
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the United States meat market based on the distribution channel. This includes supermarkets and hypermarkets, departmental stores, specialty stores, online stores, and others.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include Northeast, Midwest, South, and West.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the United States meat market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
United States Meat Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Distribution Channels
||Chicken, Beef, Pork, Mutton, Others
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Supermarkets and Hypermarkets, Departmental Stores, Specialty Stores, Online Stores
||Northeast, Midwest, South, West
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the United States meat market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the United States meat market?
- What is the breakup of the United States meat market on the basis of type?
- What is the breakup of the United States meat market based on product?
- What is the breakup of the United States meat market on the basis of distribution channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the United States meat market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the United States meat market?
- What is the structure of the United States meat market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the United States meat market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the United States meat market from 2018-2032.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the United States meat market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the United States meat industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.