The global green concrete market size reached US$ 31.8 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 64.1 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 8.1% during 2024-2032. The increasing construction activities, rising number of renovation and remodeling activities, and the growing demand for water treatment facilities represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Market Size in 2023
|US$ 31.8 Billion
Market Forecast in 2032
|US$ 64.1 Billion
|Market Growth Rate 2024-2032
Green concrete is made from a mixture of cement, aggregates, admixtures, water by-products, and waste materials, such as fly ash, slag, and recycled aggregate. It assists in improving strength and durability, generating less waste, and reducing carbon footprint as compared to traditional concrete. It is used in the manufacturing of water and waste handling products, including septic tanks, pipes, sewer system components, grease interceptors, hazardous material containers, and other products. It is also utilized in constructing various agricultural structures like grain elevators and processing plants for storing and processing agricultural products. At present, green concrete is gaining traction in the construction industry across the globe.
Green Concrete Market Trends:
Due to increasing environmental concerns, governments of numerous countries are undertaking measures to promote the adoption of sustainable construction materials like green concrete and reduce carbon emissions. This, coupled with rapid urbanization, rising global population, and expanding investments in the development of smart cities by governing agencies, represents one of the key factors strengthening the market growth around the world. Besides this, the growing use of green concrete for constructing residential and commercial industrial areas is influencing the market positively. In addition, there is an increase in the construction of buildings, bridges, stadiums, tunnels, and flyovers. This, along with the rising number of renovation and remodeling activities of hotels, restaurants, cafes, offices, shopping malls, hypermarkets, shops, airports, and educational institutions, is contributing to the market growth. Apart from this, the growing demand for water treatment facilities on account of the rising industrial waste polluting fresh water and the increasing need for clean drinking water is creating a positive outlook for the market. Furthermore, the rising requirement for green concrete to enhance the condition and improve the productivity and safety of mining equipment is favoring the growth of the market. Moreover, the increasing utilization of green concrete in the agricultural sector to construct irrigation channels, reservoirs, and dams to manage and distribute water for crops is bolstering the growth of the market. Additionally, extensive research and development (R&D) activities to use alternative binders like geopolymers in green concrete for improving its production and performance are anticipated to impel the growth of the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global green concrete market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2024-2032. Our report has categorized the market based on type, design, and application.
- Fly Ash Concrete
- Ground Granulated Blast-Furnace Slag Concrete
- Silica Fume Concrete
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the green concrete market based on the type. This includes fly ash concrete, ground granulated blast-furnace slag concrete, silica fume concrete, and others. According to the report, fly ash concrete represented the largest segment.
- Plain Cement Concrete
- Reinforced Cement Concrete
- Pre-Stressed Cement Concrete
A detailed breakup and analysis of the green concrete market based on the design has also been provided in the report. This includes plain cement concrete, reinforced cement concrete, and pre-stressed cement concrete. According to the report, reinforced cement concrete accounted for the largest market share.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the green concrete market based on the application. This includes commercial, residential, and infrastructure. According to the report, commercial represented the largest segment.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Europe was the largest market for green concrete. Some of the factors driving the Europe green concrete market included increasing construction projects, government initiatives, extensive R&D activities, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global green concrete market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include ACC Limited, BASF SE, CEMEX S.A.B. de C.V., Chryso (Compagnie de Saint-Gobain S.A), Flyocrete Green Concrete LL, Heidelberg Cement., LafargeHolcim Ltd., Mapei S.p.A., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
||Fly Ash Concrete, Ground Granulated Blast-Furnace Slag Concrete, Silica Fume Concrete, Others
||Plain Cement Concrete , Reinforced Cement Concrete, Pre-Stressed Cement Concrete
||Commercial, Residential, Infrastructure
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||ACC Limited, BASF SE, CEMEX S.A.B. de C.V., Chryso (Compagnie de Saint-Gobain S.A), Flyocrete Green Concrete LL, Heidelberg Cement., LafargeHolcim Ltd., Mapei S.p.A., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global green concrete market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global green concrete market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global green concrete market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive green concrete market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the green concrete market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the design?
- Which is the most attractive design in the green concrete market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the green concrete market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global green concrete market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global green concrete market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the green concrete market from 2018-2032.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global green concrete market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the green concrete industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.