The Indian animal husbandry market was worth INR 900 Billion in 2019. Animal husbandry deals with the agricultural practice of breeding and raising livestock. Products obtained from animal husbandry include broiler meat, eggs, buffalo meat, sheep/goat meat, pig meat, wool, animal skin, etc. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the Indian animal husbandry market to exhibit moderate growth during 2020-2025.
Indian Animal Husbandry Market: Drivers
- The per capita consumption of meat in India is fairly low compared to the developed markets suggesting that a significant share of the market still remains unpenetrated. We expect a continuous growth in disposable incomes coupled with changing food habits to increase the consumption of meat in the coming years.
- Although the share of processed meat in the entire meat industry is currently fairly small, it represents a sector that is expected to grow very fast in the coming years. As a result of increasing concerns related to the hygiene of the fresh meat available in the retail markets, consumers are expected to shift towards processed and value-added meat products such as sausages, ham, bacon, luncheon meat, kababs, meatballs, etc.
- Growth in the food services market such as restaurant and fast food joints are also creating a positive impact on the consumption of meat in the country. The share of restaurants and fast food joints serving non-vegetarian food is expected to increase in the coming years.
- The leather industry in India represents a very large market and amongst the world’s fastest leather markets. We expect the strong growth in the leather market to create a positive impact on the consumption of hides and skin which are used as raw materials in the production of leather.
- The woolen fabric industry in India is currently experiencing growth both in terms of domestic consumption as well as exports. We expect this to create a positive impact on the consumption of wool in the country.
- Based on the segment, the market has been segregated as sheep and goat meat, buffalo meat, hides and skins, pig meat, wool and hair, broiler meat, eggs, aquaculture, insects and others.
- The market has also been segregated on the basis of various regions.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined in the report and the profiles of key players have also been provided.
This report provides a deep insight into the Indian animal husbandry market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the Indian animal husbandry market in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the India animal husbandry market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the major segments in the Indian animal husbandry market?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Indian animal husbandry market?
- What is the breakup of the Indian animal husbandry market on the basis of various regions?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the Indian animal husbandry industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Indian animal husbandry industry?
- What is the structure of the Indian animal husbandry market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Indian animal husbandry market?