The Japan telehealth market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 23.4% during 2023-2028. The growing demand for convenient and accessible healthcare services in rural and remote areas, increasing prevalence of chronic diseases and rising need for continuous medical monitoring, and escalating demand for customized healthcare solutions represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Telehealth refers to the employment of telecommunications technologies, such as video conferencing, mobile applications, and remote monitoring devices, to provide healthcare services remotely. It comprises real-time telehealth, store-and-forward telehealth, and remote patient monitoring, which encompasses the usage of wearable systems and sensors to collect and transmit patient data to healthcare providers. It enables patients to access medical consultations and services from the comfort of their residence, reducing travel time and associated expenses. It allows healthcare professionals to diagnose, treat, and monitor patients from a distance, overcoming geographical barriers and increasing the reach of healthcare services. It also facilitates the exchange of medical information between healthcare providers, improving collaboration and continuity of care. It can provide patients with access to educational resources and information, empowering them to better manage their health and make informed decisions. Telehealth leads to cost savings for both patients and healthcare providers, as it minimizes the need for physical infrastructure and streamlines healthcare operations. It also allows healthcare providers to electronically prescribe medications, enhancing convenience for patients and reducing prescription errors. As telehealth plays a critical role in providing healthcare services during emergencies, natural disasters, or public health crises, ensuring continuity of care even in challenging circumstances, its demand is rising in Japan.
Japan Telehealth Market Trends:
At present, the increasing adoption of digital health technologies and advancements in telecommunication infrastructure represents one of the major factors influencing the market positively in Japan. Moreover, the rising demand for convenient and accessible healthcare services in numerous rural and remote areas is strengthening the growth of the market in Japan. Apart from this, the growing occurrence of chronic diseases, along with the escalating demand for continuous medical monitoring and management, is offering a positive market outlook. Additionally, the rising employment of telehealth services for reducing the burden on traditional healthcare facilities by enabling remote patient monitoring and virtual consultations is offering lucrative growth opportunities to industry investors in Japan. In line with this, increasing investments in telehealth startups and innovative technologies are impelling the market growth. Besides this, rising collaborations between healthcare providers, technology companies, and investors for the development of new telehealth applications and platforms, enhancing the overall quality and accessibility of telemedicine services, are propelling the growth of the market in the country. In addition, the rising focus on strengthening the security of telehealth platforms is bolstering the growth of the market. Furthermore, the increasing demand for customized healthcare solutions and personalized medications and therapy is contributing to the market growth in Japan.
Japan Telehealth Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the Japan telehealth market report, along with forecasts at the country level for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on component, communication technology, hosting type, and application.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the component type. This includes software, hardware, and service.
Communication Technology Insights:
- Video Conferencing
- mHealth Solutions
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the communication technology. This includes video conferencing, mhealth solutions, and others.
Hosting Type Insights:
- Cloud-Based and Web-Based
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the hosting type. This includes cloud-based and web-based and on-premises.
- Teleconsultation and Telementoring
- Medial Education and Training
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes teleconsultation and telementoring, medical education and training, teleradiology, telecardiology, tele-ICU, tele-psychiatry, tele-dermatology, and others.
End User Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes providers, patients, payers, and others.
- Kanto Region
- Kinki Region
- Central/Chubu Region
- Kyushu-Okinawa Region
- Tohoku Region
- Chugoku Region
- Hokkaido Region
- Shikoku Region
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include Kanto Region, Kinki Region, Central/Chubu Region, Kyushu-Okinawa Region, Tohoku Region, Chugoku Region, Hokkaido Region, and Shikoku Region.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
Japan Telehealth Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Communication Technology
- Hosting Type
- End User
||Software, Hardware, Service
|Communication Technologies Covered
||Video Conferencing, mHealth Solutions, Others
|Hosting Types Covered
||Cloud-Based and Web-Based, On-Premises
||Teleconsultation and Telementoring, Medial Education and Training, Teleradiology, Telecardiology, Tele-ICU, Tele-Psychiatry, Tele-Dermatology, Others
|End Users Covered
||Providers, Patients, Payers, Others
||Kanto Region, Kinki Region, Central/Chubu Region, Kyushu-Okinawa Region, Tohoku Region, Chugoku Region, Hokkaido Region, Shikoku Region
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Japan telehealth market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Japan telehealth market?
- What is the breakup of the Japan telehealth market on the basis of component?
- What is the breakup of the Japan telehealth market on the basis of communication technology?
- What is the breakup of the Japan telehealth market on the basis of hosting type?
- What is the breakup of the Japan telehealth market on the basis of application?
- What is the breakup of the Japan telehealth market on the basis of end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the Japan telehealth market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Japan telehealth market?
- What is the structure of the Japan telehealth market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Japan telehealth market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the Japan telehealth market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the Japan telehealth market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the Japan telehealth industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.