The global reproductive genetics market size reached US$ 5.1 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 24.8 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 12.2% during 2023-2028. The growing awareness and understanding of genetic disorders among the masses, the rising adoption of preventive healthcare, and the increasing fertility rates leading to a higher uptake of assisted reproductive technologies (ART) represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Reproductive genetics refers to the branch of genetics that focuses on the study of genetic information and its impact on reproductive health and outcomes. It involves the analysis and understanding of genetic factors related to fertility, pregnancy, and the transmission of genetic disorders from parents to their offspring. Reproductive genetics encompasses various techniques and technologies aimed at identifying and managing genetic conditions during the reproductive process. Screening individuals or couples for specific genetic mutations or carrier status to assess the risk of passing on genetic disorders to their children. In assisted reproductive technologies such as in vitro fertilization (IVF), PGD involves the analysis of embryos for genetic abnormalities before their implantation in the uterus, helping to select embryos without specific genetic disorders. Reproductive genetics helps assess the risk of transmitting genetic disorders to offspring by identifying carrier status or the presence of specific genetic mutations in individuals or couples.
Reproductive Genetics Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the growing awareness and understanding of genetic disorders among the masses. Also, the rising adoption of preventive healthcare leading to a higher number of prospective parents undergoing genetic testing to understand the risks of genetic disorders in their future children is fueling the market. With the increasing fertility rates, there is a higher uptake of assisted reproductive technologies (ART) such as In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and surrogacy, which is creating a positive market outlook. In line with this, continual technological developments in advanced genetic testing techniques such as Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) and high-resolution microarrays are stimulating the market. Moreover, the increasing maternal age resulting in a higher susceptibility of chromosomal abnormalities in women is providing an impetus to the market. In addition to this, governments of several countries are increasingly supporting genetic research and testing, thereby catalyzing the growth of the market. The market is further driven by the rising affordability of genomic sequencing procedures, resulting in higher accessibility among the masses. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include inflating income levels, particularly in developing countries, the proliferation of organizations offering direct-to-consumer genetic tests, continual innovations in personalized medicine, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global reproductive genetics market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product type, procedure type, technology and application.
Product Type Insights:
- Laboratory Developed Tests (LDT)
- Reagents and Consumables
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the reproductive genetics market based on the product type. This includes kits, laboratory developed tests (LDT), and reagents and consumables. According to the report, kits represented the largest segment.
Procedure Type Insights:
- Carrier Screening
- Pre-Natal Screening
- Pre-Implantation Genetic Testing
- Infertility Genetic Testing
A detailed breakup and analysis of the reproductive genetics market based on the procedure type has also been provided in the report. This includes carrier screening, pre-natal screening, pre-implantation genetic testing, and infertility genetic testing. According to the report, carrier screening accounted for the largest market share.
- Next-Generation Sequencing
- Polymerase Chain Reaction
- In Situ Hybridization (ISH/FISH)
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the reproductive genetics market based on the technology. This includes next-generation sequencing, polymerase chain reaction, in situ hybridization (ISH/FISH), and microarray. According to the report, next-generation sequencing represented the largest segment.
- Structural Chromosomal Abnormality
- Single Gene Disorder
A detailed breakup and analysis of the reproductive genetics market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes aneuploidy, structural chromosomal abnormality, single gene disorder, and others. According to the report, aneuploidy accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for reproductive genetics. Some of the factors driving the North America reproductive genetics market included its continual technological advancements in the field of genetics, the rising adoption of preventive healthcare high healthcare expenditure, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global reproductive genetics market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Bangkok Genomics Innovation Public Company Limited, Centogene N.V., Fulgent Genetics Inc., Igenomix (Vitrolife Group), Invitae Corporation, Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings, PerkinElmer Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Product Type
- Procedure Type
|Product Types Covered
||Kits, Laboratory Developed Tests (LDT), Reagents and Consumables
|Procedure Types Covered
||Carrier Screening, Pre-Natal Screening, Pre-Implantation Genetic Testing, Infertility Genetic Testing
||Next-Generation Sequencing, Polymerase Chain Reaction, In Situ Hybridization (ISH/FISH), Microarray
||Aneuploidy, Structural Chromosomal Abnormality, Single Gene Disorder, Others
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Bangkok Genomics Innovation Public Company Limited, Centogene N.V., Fulgent Genetics Inc., Igenomix (Vitrolife Group), Invitae Corporation, Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings, PerkinElmer Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global reproductive genetics market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global reproductive genetics market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global reproductive genetics market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive reproductive genetics market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- Which is the most attractive product type in the reproductive genetics market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the procedure type?
- Which is the most attractive procedure type in the reproductive genetics market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the technology?
- Which is the most attractive technology in the reproductive genetics market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the reproductive genetics market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global reproductive genetics market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global reproductive genetics market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the reproductive genetics market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global reproductive genetics market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the reproductive genetics industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.